My 1st GOLD ring!

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
I’ve been detecting for about 3.5 years now. I bought a vehicle off a elder gentlemen couple weeks ago & he gave me permission to hunt his property. He has only lived there a few years so he did it know much about the place. Super nice guy!
Decided to go later in the evening to let it cool down a bit. As always there was lots of iron so I set the legend in pitch tones. I don’t like the sound of pitch rather then 60
Tones, but it is much better in heavy iron.

Anyway, I wasn't getting much then got a 25-26 VDI & you could tell it was deep & pinpointed tight so I honestly thought I could get lucky & get a Buffalo nickel. Is was so deep a ring never crossed my mind.

I dug a full shovel head deep & wasn’t in the plug so got my pinpointer out & took a took a fairly large scoop out with my hand digger. Then I instantly seen a ring so stopped & did a video a took some pics of it!
My favorite part is that it’s old from early 1900’s & not a new tot lot find. Which I would love to find one in a tot lot also.
The inside of band is worn.

Just the story behind it was kinda cool Idk

The last 4 photos of the same ring that’s on eBay. I was just trying to find one like it. No, I will never sell it. Mine weighed 3.2 Grams. Must of been a larger size?

I’ve got buckets of pull tabs to prove my effort to find a gold ring….lol.

Beyond Excited!

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4445.jpeg
    IMG_4445.jpeg
    946 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4447.jpeg
    IMG_4447.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4453.jpeg
    IMG_4453.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4451.png
    IMG_4451.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4448.png
    IMG_4448.png
    765.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4452.jpeg
    IMG_4452.jpeg
    918.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4450.png
    IMG_4450.png
    527.7 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 58

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask the elderly gentleman if he ever lost his wedding ring? If he is or has been married. Obviously have to be careful how you ask him. Don’t tell him you found one yet. Just ask if he every lost any thing on the property that you should be on the lookout for. Personal items, jewelry, etc.. It would be so nice of you to return it, if it is his. But you don’t want to hand it over to him if he didn’t loose it, If the deal with the permission was you get to keep everything.
But just imagine what that would mean to him, if he did loose it. You will feel good about yourself. And you will get any permissions to be had in that neighborhood. After the old man is done singing your praises.
Either way, congrats on your first precious.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you ask the elderly gentleman if he ever lost his wedding ring? If he is or has been married. Obviously have to be careful how you ask him. Don’t tell him you found one yet. Just ask if he every lost any thing on the property that you should be on the lookout for. Personal items, jewelry, etc.. It would be so nice of you to return it, if it is his. But you don’t want to hand it over to him if he didn’t loose it, If the deal with the permission was you get to keep everything.
But just imagine what that would mean to him, if he did loose it. You will feel good about yourself. And you will get any permissions to be had in that neighborhood. After the old man is done singing your praises.
The guy had only lived there a few years, (as stated in the post)the depth of the ring was lost way before he moved in.
Anyways congrats on the recovery.

OP
OP
K

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
nice ! but... i wanna see the pull tabs!! 😁
Lol…..
Two tone GLITTER! Very nice, congratulations, and, just so you know, they come easier now that you found the first one.
HH ALL
I know, I love the 2 tone. My wedding band is/ was 2 tone.
Everyone told me that about deer hunting. I hunted 3 years before I got my first deer then I shot a deer every year after that.

OP
OP
K

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
He has lived in that house for only a few years. Way before his time there. Also, it is a small sized ring 4.5 size. I’m pretty sure it was a ladies ring. The original house in that entire block area is just next door to the house I found the gold ring in. I think it dates back into the 1880’s or 1890’a. I also got permission to hunt it & you can tell it’s been hunted, but have found some super cool relics & lots of wheat Pennie’s.

Now I’ve got permission to hunt that entire block from each land owner besides 2.
It’s a small town in Indiana, but is 175 years old.
I would love to find a ring & be able to return it to the rightful owner. That’s on my bucket list.
Thanks.

OP
OP
K

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
The guy had only lived there a few years, (as stated in the post)the depth of the ring was lost way before he moved in.
Anyways congrats on the recovery.
Correct. After doing some research I think the ring is from the Victorian era. Well over 100 years old. To find a ring that deep is remarkable. I have found a lot of silver rings & they are always within 3 inches from the surface. They say rings don’t sink nearly as fast as coins & other objects because the grass roots won’t let them sink as fast. Getting a 25-26 (on Legend) signal being that deep a gold ring was the last thing I thought I would have pulled out. Was hoping for a nickel….lol , but a gold ring will do 🤣🤣

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has lived in that house for only a few years. Way before his time there. Also, it is a small sized ring 4.5 size. I’m pretty sure it was a ladies ring. The original house in that entire block area is just next door to the house I found the gold ring in. I think it dates back into the 1880’s or 1890’a. I also got permission to hunt it & you can tell it’s been hunted, but have found some super cool relics & lots of wheat Pennie’s.
oh ok. definitely not his ring. Do you think the ring is that old? late 1800's?

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve been detecting for about 3.5 years now. I bought a vehicle off a elder gentlemen couple weeks ago & he gave me permission to hunt his property. He has only lived there a few years so he did it know much about the place. Super nice guy!
Decided to go later in the evening to let it cool down a bit. As always there was lots of iron so I set the legend in pitch tones. I don’t like the sound of pitch rather then 60
Tones, but it is much better in heavy iron.

Anyway, I wasn't getting much then got a 25-26 VDI & you could tell it was deep & pinpointed tight so I honestly thought I could get lucky & get a Buffalo nickel. Is was so deep a ring never crossed my mind.

I dug a full shovel head deep & wasn’t in the plug so got my pinpointer out & took a took a fairly large scoop out with my hand digger. Then I instantly seen a ring so stopped & did a video a took some pics of it!
My favorite part is that it’s old from early 1900’s & not a new tot lot find. Which I would love to find one in a tot lot also.
The inside of band is worn.

Just the story behind it was kinda cool Idk

The last 4 photos of the same ring that’s on eBay. I was just trying to find one like it. No, I will never sell it. Mine weighed 3.2 Grams. Must of been a larger size?

I’ve got buckets of pull tabs to prove my effort to find a gold ring….lol.

Beyond Excited!
congrats, breaking the gold barrier is an accomplishment! You broke the ice now more will flow out of the ground you'll see:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread