Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work with a single mom, she has a son that's 6. His dad is out of the picture so all of us guys at work make a point to give the boy a bit more attention. My daughter and I went over to their place last week and spent about 30 minutes detecting her front yard and the boy was following me around so I gave him my pinpointer and he would search the hole. He said we were looking for Leprechaun gold. He had a lot of fun, so much so that I got a call today from his mom. She said "Dillon wants to know if you would like to come over and look for Leprechaun gold again." I said sure and grabbed the Ace 350 and went over.

We found about a pound of beer caps, 1 clad quarter, 1 clad nickel 37 zinc pennies and a 1942 Merc in great shape!

100_0800.JPG
100_0802.JPG

Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going QuarterMaster, I have a soft spot in my hart for single moms, my daughter is one. They can really have a tough time and need a break every now and then.
ZDD

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice merc. hope you find lots more

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your doing the right thing. It's not the size of fish that matters when teaching the young but the experience you have together.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread