My 2 cents worth!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Had to help a friend today work on his fishing boat and it took most of the day, by late in the afternoon we had finished and I was on my way home and realized I was going to drive past another friends house who earlier this week told me to come by and detect his yard. Since I had my gear"as always" in my truck I thought I would give it a try.When I arrived I was greeted in the driveway by Chad(my friend),He explained to me that the house was built in 1839 and that if by chance I did find anything that he would like one old coin just for a keepsake so I told him "the first old coin I find is yours!" After getting my act together I started on my first pass on the front yard and did'nt get 40 feet before I got a strong penny signal. I began to dig with chad eagerly watching, I was hoping to at least get a wheatie to make myself look like I knew what I was doing and after a careful dig a sweet shield 2 cent copper layed on the pile! Chad had no idea what it was and thought I was pulling his leg that it was a very unique find as it was the first and only one I have ever dug! We hurried over to the garden hose and rinsed her off and the date appeared 1868! Wow that was so cool to have somebody right there and pull this wonderfully beautiful coin out and then present it to him as a token of thanks for letting me detect his place!I told him if he would like I would clean it up for him and that I wanted to take it home and get some pics for my T-Net buddies to look at and he was more than glad to accomidate me. I also pulled a 1939 merc and a few wheaties. This was only 30 minutes of hunting as I had to leave, but I'll be back tomarrow and see if I can find one of these for me now lol. He also wants me to dig the privy's on his place so I have some great hunting coming in the next few days !

HH Slipperyjack

Attachments

• Picture 95.jpg
    Picture 95.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 96.jpg
    Picture 96.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wohoooo Jack, what a fantastic looking 2 cent pc.. holey moley :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish my coin finds came out of the ground lookin like that,good job let us know how your next hunt goes.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
That is a beautiful coin and one that is on my wish list. Too bad that you did not pull the merc first :-\

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find and great shape. If your digging the privy remember that it my have been moved a few times. They may have dug right next to it so they could slide it over.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that sure is a nice coin, Congratualtions!

HH,Ringfinder

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
That is one heck of a nice coin Jack, congrats on the find...even if you don't get to keep it (you still have its picture). Congrats on the Merc too. Good luck tomorrow; hope you find tons of great coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions