My 2007 Beach Finds!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
Well that's all for me this year beach hunting, I'm off to Oregon Thursday morning for the holidays. Gold in the front row, all the rest is silver. As usual my camera bites with indoor lighting so sorry for the picture quality.

My find of the year, what a honker!

dr3.jpg

2007beach.JPG

Upvote 0
:o Charlie!!! 8) WoW! :o Beautiful finds! Congrats!

Hope ya have a fun trip! Nana :)

Awesome '07 Jewelry finds Charles !!!!

!!!!!!! :o !!!!!!!

Feliz Navidad !!

D.

Joe G said:
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Well that's all for me this year beach hunting, I'm off to Oregon Thursday morning for the holidays. Gold in the front row, all the rest is silver. As usual my camera bites with indoor lighting so sorry for the picture quality.
My find of the year, what a honker!

Geez... that's one heck of a haul Charles. Everyone down there must be so pleased that you moved south :D

Fortunately I have friends in the area. I know they are friends because only a friend will offer to help you pack and move and I've had several offers already. :o

ModernMiner said:
Charles,
Simply UNBELIEVABLE!!! :o :o :o An amazing year to say the least. Congrats.
I haven't done much beach hunting yet. I heard there is a lot of early bird competition on the beaches. How early do you get out there usually?
Great post,
MM

2-4 hours before low tide. The higher up the beach the erosion the earlier I go out. This also lets you check a couple beaches and if the conditions don't look good you still have plenty of time to drive to another beach.

While its better to be early than late with 70 miles of beaches there is a fair amount of luck involved and plenty of room for everyone to hunt. Take this one section of beach where we found 3 gold rings. It really wasn't that large, yet with all the targets it would take 2 guys about 12 hours just to cover that one section and the low tide window is only about 6 hours. I got 2 gold rings in the first hour then hunted that spot for probably another 12 hours over the next few days and found no more gold. The emerald ring geeze, I got out of my car, walked out to the wet sand, detected about 15 feet and dug it up not 5 minutes into my hunt. We then had four people pounding that area of beach and no more gold was found. I do have a strategy but I'll take luck over that any day!

SeabeeRon said:
Charles: Wht are the coins which appear in your pix? Any oldies??!? You have some SUPER finds for the year!!

Thanks I had some good luck this year. The coins include two walking halfs, two standing liberty quarters, the rest are silver washington quarters, rosie and merc dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back