My 200th Silver Coin For The Year Is A ..........

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1944 Mercury Dime. I figured it would be Rosie. :laughing7:

I woke up early this morning and decided the get the 200 silver coins in less than a half of a year barrier out of the way. I went back to the site where I found the Silver Half Dollar a few weeks back. My research shows that the church is built on a site where some mid-forties homes were torn down.

I started on the grassy area next to the sidewalk first because of all the dew. The grass needed cutting as well. It didn't take but a few minutes before I got my search coil over a 1944 Mercury Dime. It must have been a little on edge, because the ID numbers were really bouncy.

A member of the church showed up who helps with the care of the grounds. He was there to cut the limbs off of a fallen tree that was blocking a sidewalk. I shot the breeze with him for awhile. Long story short, he said make myself at home. About that time, a lawn service showed up to cut the grass, so I decided to leave and comeback at a later date.

I drove around for awhile and got 4 more permissions. One's, a huge corner lot. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I found a Buffalo Nickel that was about 2 inches deep and one wheat penny.

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity - mostly around 80, DE Mode, 4H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB mostly around 70.

This was my 71st hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 200. I reached my goal for a half of year. Still time left to find more.

tabman

F75DST%201944%20Mercury%20Dime%20002_zpsiejffu51.jpg

F75DST%201944%20Mercury%20Dime%20005_zpso3lrk4ir.jpg

F75DST%201944%20Mercury%20Dime%20009_zpsxpvwy2do.jpg

F75DST%201944%20Mercury%20Dime%20008_zpsz6nuk47h.jpg

Upvote 13

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Congrats on the 200th silver tabman! A worthy goal! BTW, is it just me or is that 1944 a little odd on the date?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy man, congrats on hitting 200. We should start a betting pool on how many you get by the end of the year.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 200th silver tabman! A worthy goal! BTW, is it just me or is that 1944 a little odd on the date?
Thanks! I'm no coin expert, but it looks right to me.

Congrats on the merc and the other 199 silvers
Thanks!

That's crazy man, congrats on hitting 200. We should start a betting pool on how many you get by the end of the year.
Thanks! I shooting for a total of 250. LOL

beephead

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
200 silvers. Amazing, but be careful or you'll get a hernia carrying all that to sell...

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a hell of a lot of silver coins!!!!! Congrats and HH

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work Tennessee, Beautiful coin!

Last edited:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 200 silvers and it's not even half way thur the year yet, Unreal!!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.......I've got 2 for this year........
So, don't be lookin' over your shoulder, tabman. I've got 1% of your total.........and falling further behind.........sheesh!!! :BangHead:
If you need another safe........govdeals.com.......they will deliver........:thumbsup:

Seriously, a tip of the cap (or 10 gallon hat!) to you................

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very impressive tabman. Congrats!
Thanks! I surprise myself sometimes. LOL

That is an incredible number for 6 months,,
you are the silver prince of TNet.
Congrats
Thanks! I'm just lucky to have some good sites to detect. Me being really good at talking people into detecting their yards is a big plus. I'm a natural born salesman.

200 silvers. Amazing, but be careful or you'll get a hernia carrying all that to sell...
Thanks! All those silver and gold rings and other pieces of jewelry that I've found earlier this year have taken a back seat during this silver coin run. I haven't taken a close look or done any calculations on gold weight etc., but there's a good chance that the jewelry is more valuable than the silver coins. I need to get back to swinging my Tesoros.

That's a hell of a lot of silver coins!!!!! Congrats and HH
Thanks! There are so many silver coins out there that I can't get all. LOL

Nice work Tennessee, Beautiful coin!
Thanks! It has been a fun run.

Congrats on 200 silvers and it's not even half way thur the year yet, Unreal!!
Thanks. The second half of the year won't be as good, because it consist mostly of the hot Summer months.

LOL.......I've got 2 for this year........
So, don't be lookin' over your shoulder, tabman. I've got 1% of your total.........and falling further behind.........sheesh!!! :BangHead:
If you need another safe........govdeals.com.......they will deliver........:thumbsup:

Seriously, a tip of the cap (or 10 gallon hat!) to you................
Thanks! I'm running the silver coin count up for the year so high that I won't even be able to break the record unless I find a coin stash. I keep most of my valuables in a safety deposit box at the bank. Mostly my wife's jewelry. LOL

Congrats on the 200th
Thanks! It has been a good year for sure.

tabman

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling about 3 years of silvers in 6 months. Maybe when I retire I will be able to compete with your totals. You da man tabman. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling about 3 years of silvers in 6 months. Maybe when I retire I will be able to compete with your totals. You da man tabman. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Being retired and having plenty of time on my hands has its advantages. Another plus is being able to easily talk people into letting me dig holes in their yards. After introducing myself and chewing the fat some, I found that looking them directly into their eyes, and saying "would you please give me your permission to metal detector your yard" works pretty good for me. Then comes the explaining exactly what I'll be doing phase. Also reassuring them that no harm will come to their lawn. I throw in a lot of smiles and some homegrown tomatoes if I have any. LOL

tabman

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Congrats on your 200th silver coin! She is a beauty!

I think i need to up my silver coin count. :D

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on hitting 200! For the second half of the year, see if you can find another 200 silver coins but without getting skunked! :tongue3:
If anyone could pull it off, it would be you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions