Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
2014 was my first year CRH for silver. It was a pretty good one too IMO. I started the year with all dimes and ended doing halves and dimes.

Silver dimes: 130 during Mid-December, around 140 now.

Silver quarters: (all bank teller finds) 2, 1935d, and 1964p (one 1964d in pocket change)

90% Silver halves: 36 90% silvers (32 are from Back in September a cashier at the supermarket had 32 Walking Liberty halves in her tray (which I all bought) so you will see a lot of them in the photo)

40% silver halves: 15 in mid December, a total of around 20 later on.

Layered photo: halves on top, dimes on the bottom, the two quarters in the middle.
silvercoins.jpg
Holders make it look like there are more coins than there is.

Total number of silver coins: 200, around $40 face.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I also found 250+ UNC 1963 Canada cents in a machine rolled box, I have no clue why?

IMG_20141223_211036.jpg

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014 was my first year CRH for silver. It was a pretty good one too IMO. I started the year with all dimes and ended doing halves and dimes.

Silver dimes: 130 during Mid-December, around 140 now.

Silver quarters: (all bank teller finds) 2, 1935d, and 1964p (one 1964d in pocket change)

90% Silver halves: 36 90% silvers (32 are from Back in September a cashier at the supermarket had 32 Walking Liberty halves in her tray (which I all bought) so you will see a lot of them in the photo)

40% silver halves: 15 in mid December, a total of around 20 later on.

Layered photo: halves on top, dimes on the bottom, the two quarters in the middle.
View attachment 1120055
Holders make it look like there are more coins than there is.

Total number of silver coins: 200, around $40 face.
You go to supermarkets?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some supermarkets have banks in them.
He said cashier though soo...
Do you guys think its possible to walk into say 7/11 and ask for old coins, that you could possibly find one?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said cashier though soo...
Do you guys think its possible to walk into say 7/11 and ask for old coins, that you could possibly find one?

Don't walk in ANYWHERE, store, bank or whatever, asking for "old coins". Well I guess you can, but that's not how it's done. We ask for rolls or boxes and search those.
I suggest you read the beginner's guide at the top of the forum. You're asking alot of questions, most of which can be answered there.
HH
enamel7

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't walk in ANYWHERE, store, bank or whatever, asking for "old coins". Well I guess you can, but that's not how it's done. We ask for rolls or boxes and search those.
I suggest you read the beginner's guide at the top of the forum. You're asking alot of questions, most of which can be answered there.
HH
enamel7
Yea! I did read it and it said the best way is to ask for older coins. I ask for rolls and large dollar too obviously.... But it definitely did say to ask for older coins

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea! I did read it and it said the best way is to ask for older coins. I ask for rolls and large dollar too obviously.... But it definitely did say to ask for older coins

What page was that on? Seriously it said to ask for large dollars and to search the other denominations for older coins.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What page was that on? Seriously it said to ask for large dollars and to search the other denominations for older coins.
Scroll to the gold coin section Nov 9, 2007 "When at the bank asking for any gold coins may get you many various responses. Most tellers will say that they have the gold dollars... sacagaweas or presidentials. This is not the right way to ask. From my experience I have found that it is far better to say "Have you seen any older coins (or ecurrency) come through the bank lately". The teller may say no, yes, or maybe and then go and check the vault or the teller tray."

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scroll to the gold coin section Nov 9, 2007 "When at the bank asking for any gold coins may get you many various responses. Most tellers will say that they have the gold dollars... sacagaweas or presidentials. This is not the right way to ask. From my experience I have found that it is far better to say "Have you seen any older coins (or ecurrency) come through the bank lately". The teller may say no, yes, or maybe and then go and check the vault or the teller tray."

That applies only to gold coins. You've got about a snowballs chance in you know where in finding one, but that is to differentiation between the modern gold colored coins and real gold. That statement doesn't apply to hunting for silver. After all, you don't want to tip the tellers off to the value of older coins.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That applies only to gold coins. You've got about a snowballs chance in you know where in finding one, but that is to differentiation between the modern gold colored coins and real gold. That statement doesn't apply to hunting for silver. After all, you don't want to tip the tellers off to the value of older coins.
I mean I guess so but asking for older coins is what is going to get me 2 V nickels, 1 merc, a silver certificate, and some other interesting things I don't know.... So I guess it worked that one time but your saying dont ask for older coins? Just rolls and large dollars

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions