Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out yesterday evening and and got a pleasant surprise! My second largie! Man these are cool. I believe it's 1826...hard to tell, but tilted just right in the light, that is what I thought I saw. She is worn quite a bit, but still neat to look at. The second photo I was messing around with photo settings and exposure, that's why it's lighter. I also dug two 1919 wheaties. And the third pic is like a mini magnifying glass thingy that I am not real sure what it is. It's brass and the glass piece was on the larger piece, but came apart out of the ground. At 1st I thought part of a pocket knife, but I do not get the larger piece. (the cent is for size) Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

LC2.jpg LC3.jpg LC4.jpg

Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the finds!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the large c. I have not found one in two years looking to break that drought this year. that one has some serious character. I believe the mystery item is for starting fires put a little tinder in the center part in the Sun heated it to an ember. It would have been part of the lid to a larger tinder box which would have contained flint and steel in case there was no Sun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the large c. I have not found one in two years looking to break that drought this year. that one has some serious character. I believe the mystery item is for starting fires put a little tinder in the center part in the Sun heated it to an ember. It would have been part of the lid to a larger tinder box which would have contained flint and steel in case there was no Sun.

relic lover-Thanks for looking. Very interesting and makes sense as a fire starter. That's pretty cool, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread