Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This my Spring wrap up and had a little bit of everything it seems... French Colonial, Rev War, 1812, Colonial coins and Canadian.

I really don't know where to start with this one. A friend, and also a member of this forum (he will post in a few days) got out for a 3 day hunt and had a great time. I didn't hit the big one, but as you can see hit many small ones so am quite content with the end result. We both had our times to have the hot coil, and unfortunately for me, it was not my coil that was hot at what turned out to be the best site... but even with that said, what I found in general is more suited to my own collection and what he dug will certainly look great in his.

I had a long list of potential sites to try, but strangely where we got most of the best finds were ones I did not at all see coming... so as weird as it may sound looking at the pile, we actually struggled at times, but was able to snap out of it with a bit of luck and get on a site and dig. The shoe buckle is a first for me... been waiting 15 years to find a complete one, and dug it taking one last walk to the other side of a field I was trying just to make sure the site I had researched really was not there. We never did find it, but there was a handful or targets, including a military button which I did not get.... which was sort of the theme of this hunt! The little cannon is my 3rd to date, and I always like the French seals, and also in that pic is a French Colonial Marines button. Dug an 1812 era Navy... Rev War Loyalist 3rd American pewter, couple of nice jews harps, designed buttons both silver plate and nice green patina. An interesting copper or brass whatsit with markings, and a coin stick pin. The coins are... a 1600s dateless French Liard, 1871 Canadian 5 Cents, 4 Canadian lg cents, 1 plain disk, 1893 Indian and 1 no date, 1832 Nova Scotia Thistle One Penny, 177_ George III Hibernia Halfpenny, 1812 era Halfpenny token, mid. 1800s token, 2 George II Halfpennies, and a 1790s Scottish conder halfpenny.

Damn, almost as much work writing this out as digging it all.
GetFileAttachment
Had a blast and will be ready for Fall to look for the big one again!

If you look real close you can see Cerebus at the bottom of the field in the last picture. This was the area I was popping random French finds... which was weird because in all the walking around we did, we could not find a site

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Upvote 14

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff buddy. Glad to see you knock that complete shoe buckle off the list. Not sure what took you so long....I've got like 8 of those completes lol. That mini Cannon is an awesome find. And I love the jew harps. Looks like a really fun outing. I enjoy those hunts with a broad variety of good finds. That had a bit of everything. I'm always waiting to see that stunning find come up in one of your posts. I'm sure it's not far away. I certainly hope you're digging more holes than I am. It's been well over a month for me.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds IP. I'm still looking for that elusive complete shoe buckle as well. I have a bunch of nice frames but still waiting for the complete one. It's funny...I was out hunting the other day and came across an iron patch in a field we've previously hunted. As I said the words "iron patch" to my buddy, I thought of you. :laughing7: What can you tell me about the little cannon? My buddy found one pretty much identical to that recently.

It's all by design... I need you guys to remember me when I move in to start cleaning out the the North-Eastern U.S. :)

Don't know much about the cannons other than I guess some actually were used an fired, and the date range they often give them is Georgian.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff buddy. Glad to see you knock that complete shoe buckle off the list. Not sure what took you so long....I've got like 8 of those completes lol. That mini Cannon is an awesome find. And I love the jew harps. Looks like a really fun outing. I enjoy those hunts with a broad variety of good finds. That had a bit of everything. I'm always waiting to see that stunning find come up in one of your posts. I'm sure it's not far away. I certainly hope you're digging more holes than I am. It's been well over a month for me.

The only reason the buckle was intact is because this was a large field that had never been plowed. There was not a lot of targets, but lucky for me one of them was the buckle... so it was just a crazy coincidence it took to finally get one as I basically never get to hunt land that has never seen a plow.. this was it.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz IP! Those are some great finds. I can only dream on finding some of that stuff! And another big Congratz on your first complete shoe buckle!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread