My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
de Chalons did testify, that is a fact, and there is no reason for him to have lied. The vessels did disappear, that is also a fact, and the "coir" dated as such and on Oak Island proves that is where "some" went. But, you are somewhat correct, and I should change my statement to reflect it as it only proves some Templar vessels landed on Oak Island with not necessarily Templars sailing them. So you win I guess!

Cheers, Loki

To accept deChalons testimony as true, there would have to be independent and credible support for his testimony.

Some ships “disappearing” doesn’t prove a voyage.

Coir on OI does not mean Templars were there... even if the dating is accurate. There is nothing about that fiber that would lead anyone to reasonably speculate that it is Templar in origin. Until an archaeologist finds confirmed Templar artifacts in association with this coir, any claims of Templar origin of this material is ridiculous.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Advocate Bay and check there for Knights Templar artifacts. The Knights Templar stayed there the entire Winter in 1398, building a ship to return home in the Spring of 1399. There should be tools or coins to verify them staying there for the Winter.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As many times as you quote BETA ANALYTIC'S conclusion, you neglect other C-14 dating labs that encompass a wider date range that include the period of that Halifax ropemaking activities.

I believe its time for you to produce some sources as I don't know of any such tests from Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to Advocate Bay and check there for Knights Templar artifacts. The Knights Templar stayed there the entire Winter in 1398, building a ship to return home in the Spring of 1399. There should be tools or coins to verify them staying there for the Winter.
I believe its time for you to produce the sources of your information as the professional academic community doesn't acknowledge such activity.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe its time for you to produce some sources as I don't know of any such tests from Oak Island.
Woods Hole was not conclusive, and I believe even you had mentioned once another laboratory whose results provided a wider range., but the point you continue to ignore is that, as you claimed many times over, is that the coir sample found on Oak Island could ONLY have originated from a Templar visit, but the nearness of the WM STAIR & Co has negated that false assumption of your "premise".
It is time for you to move on from this fragile "coir connection" evidence that has been boringly run into the ground while proving absolutely nothing, and present real verifiable evidence of an actual Templar voyage to Nova Scotia, the purpose of this voyage, names of those onboard, and what became of them.
Hopefully your "sources" do not originate from cryptohistory pulp books like "HOLY BLOOD HOLY GRAIL" or pseudohistory fantasy journals like Muir's "SINCLAIR JOURNALS", but from real documented sources.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As many times as you quote BETA ANALYTIC'S conclusion, you neglect other C-14 dating labs that encompass a wider date range that include the period of that Halifax ropemaking activities.

What happened to your source for this quote? Or are you really claiming that the Halifax Company, founded after 1810, did use 500 (plus) years old coconut fibre for their ropemaking? You seem to make up facts to support your own conclusions.

And btw, you are the one running this boringly into the ground, I am simply having fun with a few facts! :icon_thumright:

Cheers, loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some ships “disappearing” doesn’t prove a voyage.

any claims of Templar origin of this material [coconut fibre] is ridiculous.

It proves they went somewhere and somewhere on ships is a voyage!

Why is it ridiculous? Were the Templars not based in the Eastern Mediterranean? Was not coconut coir used for ships riggings in the Eastern Mediterranean? Did they not have an impressive fleet of ships? Didn't they sail back to France in 1307? Didn't they want to escape the forces of the French King in 1307? Wouldn't the Templars have had coconut coir riggings on their vessels that had just returned from the Eastern Mediterranean? Didn't somebody leave coconut coir on Oak Island dated to before 1307?

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very "FEW" facts indeed, must be why Franklin gives you all those likes.

I give everyone likes that talk common sense even you sometimes.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:laughing9: LOL! That that is hilarious coming from you! :laughing7:
Not only do you make easy with "facts" you misrepresent real facts that others post! :sign10:
:laughing3: That was a good one, Loki. :laughing11:

You still didn't answer the question about a source for your statement that claims other C-14 labs have conducted test on the Oak Island coconut fibre that encompasses datings that show your 1810 Halifax Company didn't use at least 500 year old material in their ropemaking! Now you claim it is a real fact but still with no source whatsoever. Are you exempt from questioning?

Now if you are true to your m.o. you will still ignore the question with some other sidestep, lets wait and see. :icon_thumleft:

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It proves they went somewhere and somewhere on ships is a voyage!

Why is it ridiculous? Were the Templars not based in the Eastern Mediterranean? Was not coconut coir used for ships riggings in the Eastern Mediterranean? Did they not have an impressive fleet of ships? Didn't they sail back to France in 1307? Didn't they want to escape the forces of the French King in 1307? Wouldn't the Templars have had coconut coir riggings on their vessels that had just returned from the Eastern Mediterranean? Didn't somebody leave coconut coir on Oak Island dated to before 1307?

Cheers, Loki

It’s ridiculous because (even if the material is coconut, and even if the dating is accurate), you are intentionally ignoring all the other people who at that time would have had access to that material. Even if everything you say above is true, it doesn’t make the material on OI Templar in origin. There is nothing specific to the material on OI that suggests “Templar”.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You still didn't answer the question about a source for your statement that claims other C-14 labs have conducted test on the Oak Island coconut fibre that encompasses datings that show your 1810 Halifax Company didn't use at least 500 year old material in their ropemaking! ...
You continue to misrepresent what I have posted.
No where have I stated or posted that WM Stair & Co coir used 500 year old coir or that their coir was Carbon-14 dated.
Is the posted fact of a nearby documented source of the coir found on Oak Island do threatening to your fragile Templar premise that you continue to misstate the actual evidence I presented to save face?
You my friend, Loki, keep stating that Templars could ONLY be the source of coir in Oak Island.
That statement was proven wrong.
You keep using the conclusions of Beta Analytic's Carbon-14 dating as a crutch to support this premise of Templar activity in Nova Scotia, why haven't posted the actual report, as another TN member posted in this very thread with the Wood's Hole analysis instead of constantly quoting what you claim as exact dates?
As for your claiming my M O of ignoring and sidestepping questions, you are quite adept at that practice, my friend Loki, along with distorting what others have posted with your ridiculous interpretations designed to misdirect from your actual lack of real facts.

Time to say bye-bye to coir as evidence of Templars on Oak Island, unless you are able to present hard documented established conclusive proof that the coir samples found on Oak Island were once in the hands of Templars and not washed ashore flotsam and jetsam, or remains from locally manufactured rope.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure it would be much more degraded, but don't you think the scientists at Beta Analytic took that into account? Or do you really think they are stupid?

Cheers, Loki

As was stated before: testing labs publish ONLY the results; they DO NOT "make allowances" for contamination or effects of salt water, tar, etc. Those are so variable and inconsistent that there is NO scientific way to estimate what their effects would be.The dating estimate is based upon having a PRISTINE sample, as a baseline, then allowances can be determined BY THE INTERPRETER ("customer" submitting sample), not the lab. They assume the INTEPRETER is intelligent enough to realize that. Only "stupid" would accept the findings as "GOSPEL", 100% accurate and true.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And they also have to compare the ratios to a database established by geographical region. So if the sample isn't originally from an area where it grew there opens a large opportunity for error.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Time to say bye-bye to coir as evidence of Templars on Oak Island, unless you are able to present hard documented established conclusive proof that the coir samples found on Oak Island were once in the hands of Templars and not washed ashore flotsam and jetsam, or remains from locally manufactured rope.

You can't get away from that can you? There were 5 C-14 tests on the coconut coir found on Oak Island and all were dated to before the 14th century showing various degrees of accuracy in the report that also concludes their dating prior to the 14th century.

You are claiming that these samples could have come from washed ashore remains of coconut fiber from a local rope making company that did not exist until 1810 (the 19th century). My math shows your premise claims that this company must have used at least 500 year old coconut coir in its rope manufacturing.

You also claimed that one of the datings of the coconut fibre from Oak Island showed a date that fell into the 1810 period. The source of this claim is something you have not yet produced! :icon_thumright:

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only "stupid" would accept the findings as "GOSPEL", 100% accurate and true.

Wow, "STUPID", now I am? What are you, in the 5th grade?

I have never claimed the datings of the coconut coir were 100% accurate. There were various ranges established for each of the five tests with full reports published.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread