My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Support (not funds) is not going to get a site excavated. It will not convince skeptics, historians, or government officials that you're correct. All it will do is make you feel good about a theory which is impossible to prove without physical evidence, the sort of physical evidence that is sorely lacking here, despite years of FK's promises to the contrary.

Regardless, you'll likely find no shortage of either if something of substance is ever turned up. If I were trying to "garner support (not funds)," I'd focus less on theorizing what may be there, and more on physically revealing what is actually there. The support (and funds, should you change your mind on that point) will probably take care of themselves after that.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Support (not funds) is not going to get a site excavated. It will not convince skeptics, historians, or government officials that you're correct. All it will do is make you feel good about a theory which is impossible to prove without physical evidence, the sort of physical evidence that is sorely lacking here, despite years of FK's promises to the contrary.

Regardless, you'll likely find no shortage of either if something of substance is ever turned up. If I were trying to "garner support (not funds)," I'd focus less on theorizing what may be there, and more on physically revealing what is actually there. The support (and funds, should you change your mind on that point) will probably take care of themselves after that.

I'm not interested in excavating Oak Island or Charing Cross (New Ross) that's FK's game. The site i'm interested in is across the province near Annapolis Basin. If FK or anybody else finds what I believe is at Charing Cross I don't think I will have any trouble getting support.

Cheers, Loki

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be Samuel de Champlain has something to hide ?

Stay tune for the next discovery (not on the Discovery channel or Historia at this time),

w1920_h1080.jpg
ne_1613_Champlain-wb.jpg
dream.jpg

Canada, 150 years of history, one day at a time!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Troyes France 1099: The Holy Land (Palestine) had just been won through the results of the 1st Crusade, and in Troyes The Count of Champagne, Hugh I, who preferred the Title Count of Troyes kept a keen eye to the events unfolding there. He had already heard from the local Rabbi called Rashi about the Ark of the Covenant which had been hidden below the first Temple built by Solomon. It is well known that most Rabbis of the period felt that the Ark was indeed in caverns below the Old Temple.
At the same time it was also well known that the Church was on the hunt for religious relics that could help prove the story of Christianity to their congregations.
Rashi was very famous in Troyes in the very early 12th century as well as in the Court of Champagne located in Troyes. Evidently using information learned from Rashi (who died in 1105) Count Hugh and his Vassel Hughes de Payens went to the Holy Land in 1104. Returning to Troyes in 1108 the two men then founded an order of Knights called "La Milice of Christ", which had as its main objective to uncover religious relics from the area of the Old Temple of Solomon, at this time the location of the Dome of the Rock.
In about 1113 a little known monk named Bernard along with some thirty men from Burgundy (mostly his own relatives) joined the new Cistercian Order at Citeaux Abbey near Dijon. In 1115 Bernard received donated lands from Hugh I for a new abbey at Claire Vallee, or Clairvaux, near Troyes and from then on he is to be known as Bernard of Clairvaux. From this point on Bernard becomes the main campaigner for the, La Milice of Christ.
By 1118 this new supposed military order has nine members, all relatives of Count Hugh and or Hughes de Payens and has adopted the official name of "The Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon", or more simply "Knights Templar" with de Payens as its first Grand Master. As they have been for a few years already this group of Knights continues to excavate under the Temple area and also throughout Jerusalem for highly sought after Christian religious objects. Although we only have the names of eight of these first Templars, it is almost certain that Count Hugh is the ninth member but remains unnamed as such.
This excavation being undertaken at the old Temple Mount is well documented, but what was actually found there (if anything) is open to much conjecture.
It is my opinion that if anything had been found that would help to prove the position and doctrine of the Church it would have been immediately turned over by this staunch Catholic Order.
But what if they had found something from the still existing Christian Church of Jerusalem, the Church that was originally headed by the brother of Jesus, James, that they believed went against the then current orthodoxy?
It is certain whatever it was would be taken back to Troyes and for at least the near future been housed at The Court Of Champagne.
From this humble beginning the Knights Templar Order blossoms into a powerful military organization and begins to actually carry out the original stated purpose of their mission, the protection of pilgrims visiting the Holy Land. Also becoming at the same time very wealthy, a trend that would continue for most of the rest of their existence.
In Troyes a few years later a story is told of brave Knights searching for an object eventually referred to as "The Holy Grail".
In 1181 Chretien de Troyes (Chretien of Troyes), a poet who served his patron Marie, Countess of Champagne, was requested by her to write a romance, concerning a sacred object called the "Grail" with brave Knights searching for it, a romance he called "Perceval, the story of the Grail". Although unfinished by Chretien, another did complete the story, Robert de Boron. de Boron connected this Grail to the Christian story calling it "The Holy Grail" and identified the Knights as Templars. It is for certain that in this part of the story, what I call the Troyes connection cannot be overestimated. de Boron, also mentioned a Grail mountain where the Holy Grail was hidden called, "Montsalvat", an obvious connection to a Mountain in the Languedoc area of France named Montsegur, As discussed by the man many call the original Indiana Jones, Otto Rahn. Rahn believed that the Holy Grail had been hid in the Sacred mountain by the Cathar's in the early 13th century. I will discuss both Rahn and the Cathar's relations to my theory a little later.

cheers, Loki

Part of the Templar story

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This is probably a good time to bring this thread up again even though there is some new information that could be added.
It is interesting that in a couple of earlier posts a date of 1993 comes up, as many have recently tried to tie this whole story to Dan Browns novel. Actually part of the story first appeared in the 1930's books of Otto Rahn.
At least Brown said his book was a fictional novel based on "facts", Rahn was a "Grail" believer, used by Himmler to find "Holy Relics" for der Fuhrer, and to create evidence of Aryan history. Rahn failed at both, and was taken up a mountain by SS members, who came back down without Rahn.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At least Brown said his book was a fictional novel based on "facts", Rahn was a "Grail" believer, used by Himmler to find "Holy Relics" for der Fuhrer, and to create evidence of Aryan history. Rahn failed at both, and was taken up a mountain by SS members, who came back down without Rahn.

Its interesting that you know so much about Rahn as nobody else seems to know much about his death. Yes, he did believe in the Grail (as do I) and yes Himmler did use him to search for it, but its important to know that he was reluctant to work for the SS. He was said to have been found to be homosexual which was a no no in Nazi Germany, many were put to death for it, and probably him. He believed the Grail Romances were actually about a real Grail which again I also do. He also searched the Church's inquisition records of the Cathar's and Templar's mostly those connected with Montsegur, even searching inside the mountain himself. Otto Rahn knew about the Rabbi of Champagne "Rashi" and his connection to the Citercian Monks who became the first Templar Knights. The one thing he didn't know was what the Grail actually was, thinking it to be the chalice that Himmler wanted for a site that he had prepared for it.

So is your point to ridicule a man who died trying to find something he believed in?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Its interesting that you know so much about Rahn as nobody else seems to know much about his death. Yes, he did believe in the Grail (as do I) and yes Himmler did use him to search for it, but its important to know that he was reluctant to work for the SS. He was said to have been found to be homosexual which was a no no in Nazi Germany, many were put to death for it, and probably him. He believed the Grail Romances were actually about a real Grail which is of course true. He also searched the Church's inquisition records of the Cathar's and Templar's. Otto Rahn knew about the Rabbi of Champagne "Rashi" and his connection to the Citercian Monks who became the first Templar Knights.
Of which Grail are you referring?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Of which Grail are you referring?

Good point, it seems like every Church in France has one, but in truth the romances only referred to one, the one that in my humble opinion is hidden near Annapolis Basin. Not a chalice or plate btw.

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good point, it seems like every Church in France has one, but in truth the romances only referred to one, the one that in my humble opinion is hidden near Annapolis Basin. Not a chalice or plate btw.

Cheers, Loki
The Grail romances, specifically make reference to a chalice or cup

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
According to the Grail romances, the Grail is either a Chalice, cup, plate, bowl or a stone.
one other possibility is that the Grail manifest itself as whatever the seeker wishes or believes it to be. So the question to you Loki is, what do you believe the Grail to be?
and, how does that relate to the Templars?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Its interesting that you know so much about Rahn as nobody else seems to know much about his death.
Yes, he did believe in the Grail (as do I) and yes Himmler did use him to search for it, but its important to know that he was reluctant to work for the SS. He was said to have been found to be homosexual which was a no no in Nazi Germany, many were put to death for it, and probably him. He believed the Grail Romances were actually about a real Grail which again I also do. He also searched the Church's inquisition records of the Cathar's and Templar's mostly those connected with Montsegur, even searching inside the mountain himself...
So is your point to ridicule a man who died trying to find something he believed in?
Is your point to claim his work for the Abnenerbe as FACT, and prove that the Grail was really the "lapis exilis" sacred stone described in Wolfram von Eschenbach's "PARZIVAL"?
"My ancestors were pagans, My forebears were heretics"- Otto Rahn
Rahn was a devotee of both von Eschenbach and Richard Wagner, and his lifelong obsession was this "lapis exilis", and in 1931, traveled Ussat-les-Bains in the Languedoc in search of this sacred stone.
Along with Antonin Gadal, a member of the local "FRIENDS OF MONTSEGUR HISTORICAL SOCIETY that had a small private museum containing artefacts and documents from the Cathar period.
Transcribing the documents and "deciphering" the inscriptions on the relics, Rahn concluded that Montsavat, the legendary mountain of the Grail was on reality Cathar fortress on Montsegur, AND that Parzival, the Grail Knight had been a Cathar.
Rahn's 1933 book, "KREUZZUG GEGEN DEN GRALL" contains his conclusions.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
At the same time it was also well known that the Church was on the hunt for religious relics that could help prove the story of Christianity to their congregations.
Rashi was very famous in Troyes in the very early 12th century as well as in the Court of Champagne located in Troyes. Evidently using information learned from Rashi (who died in 1105) Count Hugh and his Vassel Hughes de Payens went to the Holy Land in 1104. Returning to Troyes in 1108 the two men then founded an order of Knights called "La Milice of Christ", which had as its main objective to uncover religious relics from the area of the Old Temple of Solomon, at this time the location of the Dome of the Rock.

It is my opinion that if anything had been found that would help to prove the position and doctrine of the Church it would have been immediately turned over by this staunch Catholic Order.

cheers, Loki
There is evidence to suggest that the original nine Knights of the Templar order were actually Jewish, so if they did find anything buried under the temple, they would have had no compulsion or obligation to turn it over to the Catholic church, also, the Pope had not granted the Order until 1128

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
According to the Grail romances, the Grail is either a Chalice, cup, plate, bowl or a stone.
one other possibility is that the Grail manifest itself as whatever the seeker wishes or believes it to be. So the question to you Loki is, what do you believe the Grail to be?
and, how does that relate to the Templars?

Lets just say that I believe Dan Brown was correct in the identity of the Grail, but not the location. I believe the Templer's came into possession of the Grail on or about March 14,1244.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is evidence to suggest that the original nine Knights of the Templar order were actually Jewish, so if they did find anything buried under the temple, they would have had no compulsion or obligation to turn it over to the Catholic church, also, the Pope had not granted the Order until 1128

Most of the original nine Knights were Cistercian Monks and related in various ways, in other words, Roman Catholic Christians. I'm not sure if they found anything under the Temple Mount, the objects that they claimed were Christian relics not Jewish such as a piece of the True Cross. The Grail would have already been in France for the last thousand years or so.

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is your point to claim his work for the Abnenerbe as FACT, and prove that the Grail was really the "lapis exilis" sacred stone described in Wolfram von Eschenbach's "PARZIVAL"?
"My ancestors were pagans, My forebears were heretics"- Otto Rahn
Rahn was a devotee of both von Eschenbach and Richard Wagner, and his lifelong obsession was this "lapis exilis", and in 1931, traveled Ussat-les-Bains in the Languedoc in search of this sacred stone.
Along with Antonin Gadal, a member of the local "FRIENDS OF MONTSEGUR HISTORICAL SOCIETY that had a small private museum containing artefacts and documents from the Cathar period.
Transcribing the documents and "deciphering" the inscriptions on the relics, Rahn concluded that Montsavat, the legendary mountain of the Grail was on reality Cathar fortress on Montsegur, AND that Parzival, the Grail Knight had been a Cathar.
Rahn's 1933 book, "KREUZZUG GEGEN DEN GRALL" contains his conclusions.

Rahn, was wrong in his identity of the Grail but correct that at one time it was at Montsegur, and now its in Nova Scotia!

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Most of the original nine Knights were Cistercian Monks and related in various ways, in other words, Roman Catholic Christians. I'm not sure if they found anything under the Temple Mount, the objects that they claimed were Christian relics not Jewish such as a piece of the True Cross. The Grail would have already been in France for the last thousand years or so.

Cheers, Loki
None of the original nine Templars were monks of any order, you may be thinking of the Knights of Calatrava, which were true monks before given Knighthood
The rule of St Benedict does not allow for fighting and the taking of life.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rahn, was wrong in his identity of the Grail but correct that at one time it was at Montsegur, and now its in Nova Scotia!

Cheers, Loki

Not in Nova Scotia but in USA.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Otto Rahn let his obsessive belief in the Grail legend and myth to create a connection to Montsegur and the Cathars by way of the Parzival story, poling on more myth and legend to existing myth and legend.
While NO connection really exists and Rahn's conclusions have been proven wrong, many still continue to utilize his erroneous claims as fact and proof of various Grail, Cathar, Templar, Oak Island , Nova Scotia theories.
As with Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln, Rahn's is NOT considered as a legitimate source of historical information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
None of the original nine Templars were monks of any order, you may be thinking of the Knights of Calatrava, which were true monks before given Knighthood
The rule of St Benedict does not allow for fighting and the taking of life.

Rossal and Gondamer of the founding nine were Cistercians before becoming Templar Knights, which were Championed by Bernard of Clairvaux (St. Bernard) the founder and head of the Cistercian Order. Only eight names are known for sure with more than likely Hugh, Count of Champagne being the ninth, with all of them allegedly related to the Counts Vassel Hughes de Payens who became the first Grand Master of the Templar Order. One must wonder why the Order of the Templars also fall under the Rule of St Benedict?

Cheers, loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread