Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only a great song, but the story of my life.... :laughing9:

More on that tomorrow with pictures :tongue3:

For sale by owner 560 Mercedes Benz with a slight ding in rear quarter panel... Talk to me :laughing9:

I had the car in the shop for some repairs before putting it up for sale. Well this past weekend it was struck by a hit and run Dodge Ram pickup truck who left the scene right after impact. The car was turned around in the lot and I know there is chassis damage after that smack :tongue3: Oh well, it's off to the scrapyard for that beauty...

Image Editing Made Easy

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some offbeat reason, I thought 'Jennifer Eccles' was your anthem. Or maybe 'Quick Joey Small'.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One must watch out for the aggressive Dodge Ram. It's intent and the solution are both contained in the name. :wink:

Feel sorry for the Benz. :(

Good excuse to step up to an SLS AMG though. :icon_thumright: I'd recommend silver. :headbang:

F

Felinepeachy

Oh that sucks!!!!! Insurance should cover that with no ding to your insurance rates. Did you make a police report?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast, I hear you.. Unfortunately my baby was asleep at 2am when it happened.

Felinepeachy, I took comprehensive off that car a long time ago, so not covered.. I'll pick up the report at some point, but it won't do much good without finding the offending driver. :tongue3:

The shinning light is that I did take enough spare parts to use on my "86" diesel Benz :thumbsup: The car was really in great shape, low mileage for a "89", only had 153,000 on it.. It was for sale, but now will try and sell off some pieces, then off to the scrap yard. :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bites. The 500s and 560s have always been nice cars and that one looks exceptionally clean.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast, It was, very close to showroom clean, especially for a 1989.. Good news is I have an offer for $700, better than the $400 I would get at a junkyard :hello2: I really hated having to part with that car too. I used it 2-3 a month and was considering dumping the older diesel..

Well I'm glad I still have the diesel... Beats walking :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread