Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compared to my Tesoro...this thing really chews through batteries. This sucks because I always like to have fresh batteries ! I can only get 4-5 hours before the display shows 1/2 depleted.
WOW, Thats a shame. My old 1980's Tesoro Goldensabre had the 8 "AA" Batteries last all Summer with about 10 trips@ 4 to 6 hour uses each time, and still not running low. My new Whites GMT Goldmaster had been out in the field about 9 times and still the batteries check at almost full power with my Battery meter. I would call the customer service dept. who make the AT Pro and ask for a tec on advice and/or if this sounds "Out of Normal parimeters". Their should be a estimate on battery power operation. (It sounds like you should have more battery life with your MD. Good luck friend.

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow sorry to hear that. I have had my at pro for about 8 weeks now and I thought it was doing pretty good on battery life. I would say I got between 8 to 10 hours on the set I put in fresh and it just dropped off one bar. They say using headphones saves on battery life. NOt sure if you are but I always do so I couldn't say. Hope you figure something out with that. Good luck
Pug

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a set of Energizer rechargables and Im starting on my third year with them. I charge them before every hunt, so I have fresh batteries everytime I go.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a set of Energizer rechargables and Im starting on my third year with them. I charge them before every hunt, so I have fresh batteries everytime I go.

Heading that way after 3 and a half Hunts Chug

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found that "Batteries Plus" Store sells new Lithium rechargables! They are supposed to last longer than any rechargeable batteries. Just thought I would share. Good Luck.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Energizers and other NiCad rechargables and hated them.
LiPo rechargable is the way to go for 9v (LiPo is 8.4v), NiZn rechargable (closer to rated voltage and high current) for AA and AAA (not sure if 9v yet, wasn't available last year).
Use the 9v LiPo in my Propointer and Vaquero. Never have to worry about them being dead when I pick up the unit after weeks of non use.
NiCad slowly discharge. If I didn't take them off the charger just before use, I had to worry about them failing on me in the field and they often did.
They went into the trash, i couldn't trust them.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Energizers and other NiCad rechargables and hated them.
LiPo rechargable is the way to go for 9v (LiPo is 8.4v), NiZn rechargable (closer to rated voltage and high current) for AA and AAA (not sure if 9v yet, wasn't available last year).
Use the 9v LiPo in my Propointer and Vaquero. Never have to worry about them being dead when I pick up the unit after weeks of non use.
NiCad slowly discharge. If I didn't take them off the charger just before use, I had to worry about them failing on me in the field and they often did.
They went into the trash, i couldn't trust them.
My Energizers are NIMH not NICAD, and they are AA. Never had the problems you had.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use use just regular Duracell batteries in my AT Pro. As of today, I probably have 10 hours on the latest set, and the first notch of the battery indicator just went away today. My Propointer did kill a battery today, also a Duracell that I installed the same day as the batteries in my Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions