My Aunt gave me a HUGE coin collection, Mostly silver!!!!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story short........in 1999 my grandma(dads side) passed away, and my grandpa (dads side) has known my aunt (moms side)for yrs, well they started dating and got married in 2002, so now my aunt was my grandma....lol :laughing9: :tongue3:

anyhow that grandpa is the one who just passed away this week, and my aunt said she spoke to my grandpa before he died and they decided to give her whole coin collection to me. She told me a month ago she was giving it to me, and I have never saw it...EVER, I figured it was a small pile of coins, maybe 25-50 coins. BOY was I wrong. When she handed me two FULL bank bags, packed with coins I was floored........... :o :o
and before you asked, I went thru them and there was no key dates, but I am overjoyed and still treasure these! :thumbsup:

In these bags was the following:

7 Morgan dollars
1 peace dollar
7 Ike dollars
8 Susan B Anthony Dollars
18 walking liberty halves
18 Franklin Halves
13 1964 Kennedy halves
26 40% Kennedy halves
6 Standing liberty quarters
307 Washington quarters ALL silver!!! :laughing7:
2 Canadian silver quarters
1 merc, 1 silver rosie
10 silver war nickels
7 V nickels
9 buffalo nickels
3 indian pennies
25 wheats
Box of foreign coins
22 one dollar silver certificates 1935-1953
3 $5 red notes
7 $2 bills

OVER 400 silver coins!!!!! My aunt/grandma is the best!

Attachments

• coins 5.JPG
    coins 5.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 921
  • coins 1.JPG
    coins 1.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • coins 2.JPG
    coins 2.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 990
  • coins 3.JPG
    coins 3.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,939
  • coins 4.JPG
    coins 4.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 875
  • coins 5.JPG
    coins 5.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 783
  • coins 6.JPG
    coins 6.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 791

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One sweet gift.......Matt

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took lots of pics in case I want to look at them, while they are sitting in the safety deposit box...lol

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I have always heard the 90% Washingtons were the hardest to find circulating - I think it may be because of your grandma. 307 of those suckers? WOW!

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big thumbs up to Aunt Grandma :icon_thumleft: Nuggy

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is one pretty sight!!!

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice little lode of silver.
Sentimental value aside, you might want to consider what grandpa would've wanted to you do with them, given the current pricing levels of silver.
There are people who are always saying metals will go up... They say it when silvers doing down, they say it when silvers flat and they say it VERY LOUDLY when silver enjoys a big price spike. Don't listen to these people. They're called "perma-bulls", they exist in any investing niche and their position is based on things that have nothing to do with redible insight.

Here's where it's at now.

ag85-pres.gif

Usually, charts that look like that mean its wise to start scaling out and at least take a little off the table. Maybe don't sell completely out- who knows, maybe there's headroom- but I know if I had a pile of silver fall into my lap, I wouldn't stay fully invested in it.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What a great thing to inherit!!! :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LSMorgan said:
Nice little lode of silver.
Sentimental value aside, you might want to consider what grandpa would've wanted to you do with them, given the current pricing levels of silver.
There are people who are always saying metals will go up... They say it when silvers doing down, they say it when silvers flat and they say it VERY LOUDLY when silver enjoys a big price spike. Don't listen to these people. They're called "perma-bulls", they exist in any investing niche and their position is based on things that have nothing to do with redible insight.

Here's where it's at now.

Usually, charts that look like that mean its wise to start scaling out and at least take a little off the table. Maybe don't sell completely out- who knows, maybe there's headroom- but I know if I had a pile of silver fall into my lap, I wouldn't stay fully invested in it.
I look at silver prices everyday, as I have a boatload of it in my safety deposit box from coin roll hunting, but I have absolutely no plans on selling any of this collection off, silver has never been worth nothing, so I plan on keeping it. If I ever get so poor I can't eat, I may change my mind. But like I said before I have a boatload of FOUND silver from CRHing, so I would sell that before I ever sold these coins!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what your sayin my father inherited me 100 + silver dollars I will always keep If I need I have other stuff I can sell but not what was handed down by family... Nice inhritance :icon_thumright:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Until recently resurrected, I hadn't seen this thread.

That many Washingtons will likely yield some rarities. Look for the doubled-die coins. A listing of those is mixed in at the PCGS.com website, which also has photos of the examples. Some of these are quite rare.

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should see all of the old silver and old bills my aunt gave me, if you would like to see them just post back to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread