My backyard - 2 pistol kids belt buckle

badski78

Jan 16, 2007
Delaware Cty, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Just getting back into metal detecting. It's been a long time. I found this in the back yard while I was practicing over the weekend. It was approx 5 - 6 in deep. Looks like it may have been a belt buckle off a kids gun and holster set? Although there's no real $ value - it's still fun to wonder who had it and how it ended up where it did.

dual pistol belt buckle.jpg

Upvote 1

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats different ! Wonder what else is there ..

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very different, never seen anything like it, cool find!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find. like you say, probably off a holster set. my guess is that it dates to the 50's and the heyday of tv westerns.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

OP
OP
B

badski78

Jan 16, 2007
Delaware Cty, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Update to this find. This is my oldest Brother in Laws. He said it was his first 'real nice' belt buckle. He loves guns and hunting since an early age. Still does. He could not remember how or why it ended up in the back yard. Could be that the belt and / or buckle went bad and it was throw in the old burn barrel. Plus he told me there was an old out-building around there and an owner of the property between 1914 and 1944 was a gunsmith and also dabbled in distillery. In-Laws found some of the still remnants when they moved in around 1955. I know where some of the rocks to the old foundation are near a large tree so it's out to that part of the lawn this weekend. Hopefully I'll find something better than old nails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread