Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Congrats - it does seem a lot more fruitful lately with the hand-rolls. What's up with all these missed orders. My teller's excuses were he was sick for one order day last week and this week that BOA shorted him because of the holiday.

Maine_Jim

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Better than "some" brinks boxes?

With my averages on brinks being now 1 keeper every 13 boxes, I'd be ecstatic to find that many at one time.

i have found that many once or twice. But always in hand rolled halves that a bank has. Not in brinks or any other box from a bank.

Yep, one keeper (other than proofs and NIFCs) every 13 boxes.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow those are some bad boxes, I have had decent luck with Brink's in my area

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Brinks has been rather slow for me. Back in August I went for a month with nothing but skunk boxes. Then I found 8 keepers one week, 11 the next, and for the past 3 weeks now it has been skunkage again.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I get my boxes (Nickels and Pennies) from the grocery store I work at. I use to be a CSR Mgr and as a closer, I would go through the tills and find all kinds of neat finds :thumbsup:, but since I moved to the Pricing Dept (loving it, less stress and the hours are great!), I am not authorized to go through the tills anymore :(, but I know the Bookkeeper LOL. She and a few other folks look for coins for me.

I have been buying my boxes from the Bookkeeper. I've only bought Nickels and Pennies recently and had some good luck, I think anyways. The last box of pennies, I got 27 Wheaties and a Canadian Penny!

I rarely buy Quarter and Dime boxes, as I can just look through the plastic and if I see one...I take it out, give them a dime and put it back in the roll!

Been lucky with Nickels too...but I collect all Nickels up to 1979.

So, if you know someone or work in a grocery store, ask the Bookkeeper if you could buy a box. I usually get on Mondays or Tuesdays, cause if their order does not come in before Friday for the weekend...they need their change for the weekend. Our store gets their orders from Brinks.

After I go through the Nickels or Penny boxes, I roll them all up and make sure the correct amount is in the box and trade for a new one from the bookkeeper...so I am only paying one time!!!

But that is another avenue you may want to try, esp if you work there or have a friend or relative that does and they can ask the Bookkeeper. My Bookkeeper is so cool and does not mind me buying and then bringing the box back for a trade...they know my obession! LOL....infact, I get a kick out of them...I'll be hanging tags and they will call me up and say, "Got a penny?" I pull one out and they give me the Wheatie! They are so good to me!

We don't get many Half Dollars though, but when they do, they call me FIRST!!! I love it! Got a 40% and a 64 recently from a customer who cashed them in!

Congrats on your finds!
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread