wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
found this stuff at the local beach. the 2 bags are 22.5lbs. of sinkers, 1 quarter,2 dimes,1 nickel, 2 pennies. the lower penny below the watch is a turban head 1808-1814. the date is too far gone to read, the watch is trashed. up top is two ancient folding pocket knives.

beachfinds.jpg

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey cow... have you ever thought of opening up a sinker store..thats aloota sinkers..neat other goodies too... keep hunting..like me... the ever ready battery, I just keep going n going...

HH rae

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
same here bootybay, I just keep going and going. thanks for the kind words. you have a good christmas
cause I just did. bought myself a jw.fishers pulse 8 detector and I'm gonna work it to death.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
A fisherman's mother-load. You should never need to buy another sinker ever again!!!!!

Congrats on the haul.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I heard that lead is quite expensive these days. You made quite a haul. You might try selling some to fishermen you pass when you are detecting on the beach. :D HH

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Now you can have sinker chili. ;D
Cool knives.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well heres a thought to ponder... buy a lead soldier mold..melt the lead sinkers..make lead soldiers and sell those babies... also my early bday gift and xmas gift is a whites dfx...which I have used three days now... and man Iam in detector heaven..but learning too...what can I say, YA just gotta have dirt in your blood, like I do, as I love going out getting all dirty and sandy.... god I love it.... the locals laugh at me..but thats ok, cause when I find that big one..then we see whose laughing.

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
bootybay, I have lead soldier molds and a train locomotive mold,cannon mold,divers weights molds, and even a coin mold. my dad used to make them when he was a kid. one is a ww1 on horseback. the train is a late model steam train one of those streamlined types.

I found another 2 pounds of sinkers and a 2-3 pound net weight. here on the lakes they used funky U shaped anchors to hold the nets in place and weighted the net in between the anchors. it was 12 inches deep below very hot rocks but the pulse 8 did its job well.

I also found a set of keys and alot of small barbed wire fragments. froze my butt off.

good hunting to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions