My Best Blade

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I can’t remember if I shared this one by itself or not so I will post it anyway. It’s about 4.5 inches long and made from Knox chert with plenty of patina on it making it very glossy. Raining here or I would do a outside picture.
NW Georgia PF in a creek.
Life has gotten busy for me but maybe in a few weeks I can get out and score some fresh finds. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 7

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I can’t remember if I shared this one by itself or not so I will post it anyway. It’s about 4.5 inches long and made from Knox chert with plenty of patina on it making it very glossy. Raining here or I would do a outside picture.
NW Georgia PF in a creek.
Life has gotten busy for me but maybe in a few weeks I can get out and score some fresh finds. Hopefully everyone is doing well.
Great stone point. I hope things are going well.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
She’s home now but going to be at least 6-8 weeks. It’s a big chore but that’s what you do when you’re married. Thanks
Modern medicine is making huge advances. The patient’s attitude has a lot to do with it. Help her to see the positives and to stay thankful.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That's a nice one, I really like the stripes at the bottom. Hope you and your wife are doing well.
My wife is having a family member come to help. I guess I did some sleep walking last night. I only got 2 hours sleep that I know of

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Handlin
My wife is having a family member come to help. I guess I did some sleep walking last night. I only got 2 hours sleep that I know of
stress is a monster. It is hard to clear one’s mind when it is in troubleshooting mode.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Great blade, is that mineral build up on the one side or cortex?
Yes it is I thought maybe mineral deposits at on time but it feels grainy so probably cortex. I know the Adena culture liked cortex on their tools so I figured it was Adena even though it has patina stain. It isn’t ground anywhere.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
@ Black Foot
If nothing else maybe I will be able to escape for a day and hit the creek. We just had rain again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions