deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ridge just keeps producing.
Lee and I got up early and went back to what we are calling Confederate Ridge.
Given the number of hours we've spent on this property, we've pulled a substantial amount of relics so far.
Also, I'm curious as to what you folks think of the intro. My wife and I went out and film a bunch of B-roll footage specifically for this video. The hardest part was finding the right royalty free music. Let me know if you think it flows nicely. I'm trying very hard to become a better content creator.
https://youtu.be/B6NqrHclNTE

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but not a good Tnet user.

How many requests have you ignored to add pictures to this site? There are lots of reasons why we don't like links & videos. I promote Tnet, how about its time you joined in. We love your great finds, so get involved.

Last edited:

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds. Audio is good, intro might be a little long. All and all good job

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prefer pictures. You can include the video for those that have time to watch them. As it is, myself and I'm sure others, have no idea what you found.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but not a good Tnet user.

How many requests have you ignored to add pictures to this site? There are lots of reasons why we don't like links & videos. I promote Tnet, how about its time you joined in. We love your great finds, so get involved.

Ouch...
Since I started filming everything, I don't take many stills. Actually, I rarely take pictures of the things I find.
But you did bring up something I'd like to have an open and honest discussion about.

Why is there a stigma attached to videos? I mean, I could take an extra 5 minutes out of my day (which I have done in the past here) and snap a few pictures and post them with the video but why when I already have 15 hours of my time invested in the video?
I spend so much time trying to make each video better than the last. Why would I not want to share them here?
Sure, there are people who are weary of links and for good reason but online I've learned real quick that you can't please everyone. I've gotten so much positive feedback from people on this site telling me that they love my videos, telling me that they look forward to the next video and so on...
If you feel that my posting of videos is devaluing this place then I'll stop posting them.

I enjoy filming. I enjoy editing. I enjoy dragging my kids all over the countryside looking for relics. And until now, there didn't seem to be anyone bothered by me offering an opportunity for them to tag along.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds. Audio is good, intro might be a little long. All and all good job

Thanks for the honest feedback. I felt that I might have dragged it out a little too long.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here are some screenshots from the video.

affair.jpg

carved boot.jpg

church.jpg

conf st.jpg

cross two.jpg

cross.jpg

enfield.jpg

historical plaque.jpg

Metal Detecting the Confederate Ridge Part 3.jpg

moss.jpg

sharps.jpg

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's better. I see a nice Enfield, and possibly a 2 ring Prussian. Any letters or numbers in the base of the Enfield?

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's better. I see a nice Enfield, and possibly a 2 ring Prussian. Any letters or numbers in the base of the Enfield?
No numbers or lettering that I saw. I was told that it's a sharps. The 2 ringer that is. Seems to be a .58 caliber. It was my first one of those.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin was a 1895 Indian by the way.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I just started adding pics with my videos problem solved.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of viewing at work and have a government job where vids are blocked - so I prefer pics
but vids are good when I have time (which is rare) at home
keep up the good hunting :thumbsup:

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of viewing at work and have a government job where vids are blocked - so I prefer pics
but vids are good when I have time (which is rare) at home
keep up the good hunting [emoji106]
Thanks man.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No numbers or lettering that I saw. I was told that it's a sharps. The 2 ringer that is. Seems to be a .58 caliber. It was my first one of those.

The 2 ringer is definitely NOT a Sharps. I will take a look in my book when I get home.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I've watched and been very impressed with several of your videos. You have an artistic eye and great talent. I do enjoy watching them but I don't always have time and it is nice to be able to just see pictures of the finds to help me know if it is worth "investing" my limited time watching the video. I usually just check in for a quick minute several times a day to see what is new and pictures make that a lot easier. When I have time at night or on weekends I watch the videos.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 ringer is definitely NOT a Sharps. I will take a look in my book when I get home.

That's what I was thinking but I've only been doing this for a little over a year so I look at most folks as veterans compared to myself.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched and been very impressed with several of your videos. You have an artistic eye and great talent. I do enjoy watching them but I don't always have time and it is nice to be able to just see pictures of the finds to help me know if it is worth "investing" my limited time watching the video. I usually just check in for a quick minute several times a day to see what is new and pictures make that a lot easier. When I have time at night or on weekends I watch the videos.

I understand completely. Time management is one of the reasons I never get around to adding pics. So busy all the time.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread