My best day detecting in 15 years.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Yesterday I went to see if the city started an excavation project that I had heard about. I showed up and seen they had popped 3 blocks of sidewalk. My friend was the one doing the construction so I started detecting. There was a lot of sand so It didn't look to promising, but after a couple of minutes I found an indian head. After a couple of feet further I found another one. I wasn't finding anything modern and after finding 6 or 7 indian heads I got a good signal and out came a 1854 seated quarter in great shape. The day was just getting started and after 6 hours of detecting this is what I found. 32 indian head pennies two of which (not shown) I gave up to my friend that let me into the site. The pennies range from 1859 to the newest which was a 1906. 6 wheats 5 of them from the teens. A sheild nickle. 2 V nickles. A 2 cent piece. 2 seated dimes. a seated quarter. An 1837 Canadian bank token. A schulenberg billiards token. and the WW1 era lighter with a 1912 patent date. I thought you guys would like to see. It's going to be hard for me to top this day but I'm going to keep trying. :thumbsup: Good luck hunting and thanks for looking.

Wolverine.

Attachments

• 08.18.2010 003 (542x274).jpg
    08.18.2010 003 (542x274).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 08.18.2010 003 (542x274).jpg
    08.18.2010 003 (542x274).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 245
That is a haul you got there. Congratulations! I had a friend approach me today to tell me about a certain spot on the lakeshore that they are tearing up. Looks like you got the inside edge. Stay hungry my friend!

Those are the days we detectorists dream of! Heck most of us dream about a day with as many Indians as you found! Congrats on the great finds.

A dream hunt!! :icon_thumleft: WTG I'm glad you made such a fine haul MW!

Keep digging!
p.s. Would love to see close-up pics of the seateds, nickels, lighter, and tokens!

HOLY MOLY BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome hunt! Conrats to you! :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Wow!!!!!! that's definitely a holy cow hunt for sure :thumbsup: big congrats on that nice big mess of OLD coins !!!

Congrats on an awesome haul of oldies!! That sidewalk sure was good to you. WTG :headbang:

Thank's everyone for the comments. I have to tell you that 95% of coins from the 1800's that I found in the last 15 yrs. have came from sidewalk tear outs or excavation sites. Good luck hunting and keep a lookout for them. :thumbsup:

Wolverine.

Big congrats on all those old coins! Love the seated silvers, and remarkable quantity of IH's. Pays to be on the watch for those old tear-outs, you've found some great stuff there MW! ffd

Wow, that is a GREAT day of detecting. Congrats on a day you'll never forget. That is a haul and a half. Ya never know til ya go.

wowza!!! :o man that is friggin awesome! a huge congrats on a sweet hunt.....sure would like to see some close ups on some of those

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back