My Best Day Ever - Miss Liberty on Independance Day!!!!

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My day started out bad - I went to a church that was built in 1835 hoping to find some silver - my MXT has never been so quiet. I think I dug a total of 4 holes - all can slaw.

I left there and headed for the blacksmith's shop I have been detecting for the last couple of weeks - my wife insisted that I try the house next door - it has been vacant for a very long time. I did not want to go over on the property since I did not have permission, however I have no idea who owns the property either - it has been long since forgotten by someone. The house dates back to the late 1800's.

I started swinging at the corner of the yard and immediately got a wheat - and another and then another. I ended up with a total of 5 wheats, a personal best for me - my first buffalo nickel, a 1916 and 1937 - 11 memorial cents starting in 1960 and the latest being a 1982 - and then, right in front of the door a solid 84 VDI.

I love the 4x6 on the MXT - I dug down to try and locate the coin with the solid VDI and found a very large nail - rescanned the hole and the signal was still there - got out the bullseye pinpointer and out of the corner of my plug fell Miss Liberty!!!! That was the most excitement I have had while detecting. I couldn't stop smiling. Seeing that silver fall and the eagle on the back made my heart start pumping. The date is slick but still got me going!!!

I also found a small locket - smaller than a dime that says Lilly Dache - PARIS on the front and back - any idea what it could be??? A bullet that reads FA - 41 on the head and a .38 special bullet.

Thanks for looking and happy 4th to you guys!!!

Attachments

• 070406liberty.jpg
    070406liberty.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 070406wheats.jpg
    070406wheats.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 070406C.jpg
    070406C.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OOoooooooooooo Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Always do what your wife says, christophernixon! Remember, we women are always right! ;D

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
looks like a very good day to me -- those SLQs are buggers!! who keeps rubbing the dates off of them?? haha -- keep us posted

R

RyanDistelrath

Here is some information about Lilly Dache... evidently dache jewelry is sometimes rare and expensive.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/jewel/glossary/indexd.shtml

DACHE, LILLY
Lilly Dache is the mark of Lilly Dache, Inc., a company located in New York and Paris. Lilly Dache produces high-quality hats, clothing, accessories, perfume, and cosmetics. The Lily Dache mark was first used on costume jewelry in 1923. Lilly Dache jewelry pieces are relatively rare and expensive. Lilly Dache was born in France, and began her fashion career there as a milliner (hat maker). She emigrated to New York, New York, USA, in 1924. Dache is reported to have said, "Glamour is what makes a man ask for your telephone number. But it also is what makes a woman ask for the name of your dressmaker." Dache's books include Lilly Dache's Glamour Book (published in 1956) and Talking through my hats (published in 1946).

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
See why you guys should listen to us women more often! Nice finds and that Lilly Locket is a great piece. WTG

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would make my best day ever MD'ing, also! Glad you had it and hope you have even better ones! Rabby

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
congrats on the awesome coin finds christophernixon!!!! yeah my jaw dropped when i found my first and only slq!!!! no date but i was still very stoked,, good luck on your next hunt ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread