My best day ever

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
About a year ago when I learned of this hobby I covered every bank within 50 miles looking for halves, mostly hand rolls but I also bought a few boxes to try out. Never had much luck with the boxes but I managed about 300 40% and about a dozen 64's. Well I let the banks restock and have been hitting a few again lately with limited success. Yesterday I was on the road for work and decided to stop by a couple of banks in a town about 20 miles away. I only had $150 in cash so when the teller in the first bank asked how much I wanted I immediately thought they had someone's dumps. I bought 5 rolls and told her I might be back later for more. Out in the car my fears seemed to be confirmed. Four rolls of skunk but then the last roll had 12 40%'s and a 1958 Franky. These rolls were identically wrapped, how could this happen that all the goods were in one roll? I went back inside and asked for another $100 worth and these were really sweet rolls. Almost every one had 10 or more silvers, now I'm really excited so I go back and ask how many more they have. I drove to my bank and withdrew another $100 and bought what they had left but alas these last rolls gave up only 4 more 40%ers. All totaled I walked away with 75 - 40%ers, 4 - Franklins and 7 - 1964's. What a great day!!!

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread