My Best Day EVER! :)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to a local park today to do some hunting since the weather was so nice. It has been hunted HEAVILY for the past 30+ years, so finds are often few and far between, but this park is still producing some goodies! I had my best day ever detecting today out there! Granted, it's not as good a day as many of you have had, but for me I just didn't want to leave, but my battery forced it,haha.

I started off hunting behind the big sledding hill. All I pulled out was that tiny little bullet pictured. Then I just decided to go hunt the sled hill itself for some new clad and hopefully get some state quarters. Some of the guys over at the forums on coinhunting.net and I have decided to see who can come the closest to complete the state quarter series while detecting this year. Oddly enough, I did not find ANY state quarters! But the rest of my finds were great! First I found a Kershaw 'Ken Onion' Knife in a Rainbow color laying on the ground on the hill. They go for about $30-40 on ebay right now :) The picture doesn't do it justice, it's an amazing knife! Then I pulled out my first ever silver roosevelt dime! A 1948S at about 2" deep. (I have a found a Mercury in the past, but never a Rosie.)

I pulled up some more clad, etc. and then at about 8" deep I pulled out that large token that is about the size of a half dollar. On one side it says: The Original "Boy Scouts" Shoe For Boys; and July 1910. On the other side it reads: The Excelsior Shoe; and Manufactured at the Excelsior Shoe Co. Portsmouth, O. I haven't researched it yet.... Feel free to do so if you get bored ;)

I then went around collecting a few more pennies when I got an amazing hit that screamed at me! About 7" down I found an 1890 Indian... checked the hole again... a 1925 S Wheatie... cheked it again.... a 1900 Indian. First ever Indians, first ever pre-1900s coin, first ever double indians in one hole, haha.

I took a break, put my finds in the car and came back out. I got some more clad and then out popped a nice little ring at about 6" that I haven't completed cleaned yet to check if its silver. and then the rest of the day brought me a lot of clad. $3.37 total in clad, including a 1974 Canadian Quarter, 9 quarters total, 8 dimes, a nickel, and 14 pennies. I also found that torn up dollar bill on my walk back to the car.

I will definately be checking the place out again tomorrow.

02-28-06.JPG

02-28-06-02.JPG

02-28-06-03.JPG

Upvote 0

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
That right there is some really nice finds.... I like finding boyscout things, i found that necktie holder not to long ago. Its really neat to pull that stuff up... Great find on the coins and knife too.... Lucky you...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLEDD HILLS ROCK....i found a memory card that fits my camera at he last one i was at...still works just dried it out then cleaned it...

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dekalb33 said:
SLEDD HILLS ROCK....i found a memory card that fits my camera at he last one i was at...still works just dried it out then cleaned it...

Haha, what an odd find. I also found many demolished plastic sleds, haha.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds man!You should take a close-up of the token and post it in the token section,maybe idahotokens or one of 'em can tell you a little about it.Very cool and that dollar is still spendable by the way!

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) Excellent job!!!! WHich coil were you using and were you in Iron Mask mode?
You had a dream day in my book!!! WTG!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o What a day! :o

I know you're happy!!! Really awesome finds! 8)

;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like your hooked on this hobby now!!!! Congrats on a great day and the new first finds.......Looking forward to more posts in the future! Seeker

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mudslide said:
:) Excellent job!!!! WHich coil were you using and were you in Iron Mask mode?
You had a dream day in my book!!! WTG!!!

I had the 15" WOT on today and Iron Mask at -6 I think.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
talk about an awesome day! i have yet to find my first indian and you find two in the same hole! thats great! i think you deserved a good days hunting after all the crap you have been getting at the bank lately! that park may have more good stuff than you think!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds!!!
I guess your taking a break from coin roll hunting ;)

HH!!

Joe

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Holy Cow, that was some kind of a day. Injuns, silver coin, wheatie, silver ring, very cool token, a knife and some money. It doesn't get much better than that. Congrats on a great day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread