my best day scrapping ever!

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
hello all,

today I had the best cash in for scrap metal. Most from industrial garbage and assembly mistakes (yeah for me)

15lbs of aluminum @ .50 per lb
18lbs of yellow brass @ 1.00 per lb
196lbs of red brass @ 1.60 per lb
180lbs of 304SS @ 1.00 per lb
220lbs of 316SS @ 1.50 per lb
500lbs of carbon steel @ .06 per lb

grand total of $879.10

normally I would not take carbon steel to the scrap yard, but I had a lot of it this time. For right not it's not worth the wear-n-tear it would put on my little pick up to haul it back and forth. But this was a great day for me. Spending money for vacation in Mexico.

Thanx fer reading and thanx fer helpin' keep the earth clean (while getting paid!)!
Rumblebelly

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Rumble.I started saving copper a couple months ago.I'm up to about 50 pounds worth.From the looks of it I should start saving aluminum too.Do you know if there is a price difference in regular aluminum versus cast aluminum?

OP
OP
Rumblebelly

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
Diggummup,

cast aluminum I believe is worth less than regular aluminum, which is usually worth less than aluminum cans and siding.

basically is it isn't steel it's worth saving, at least to me.

Thank you,

Rumblebelly

C

CoolMoDee

Cast Al is worth more then cans. I got $.33/lb for cans and .66 for cast last time I went in.

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Unreal haul totals, I can't believe what SS is bringing in your area. Cast does pay a lot less than most other ALU but you should check in your area. No matter what though, it is all worth keeping and scrapping. Every little counts. ;)
Pepperpump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread