My best day yet

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Hey all,
I just had my best day ever. Of course it's not saying much as I have such little time to get out. Sunday seems to be my only day right now. What made it gr8 was that I went with my 15 yr. old son. We traded off swinging the MD and the shovel. These are from one of the old farms I found and all except the long knife came from around the same tree. We found 30 rounds of some kind of ammo, (any ideas on what kind?) 3 12 gauge shells, a bottle cap, a 1946 wheat, and the long knife. It has a metal handle and the number 192 cast onto it. Hope the pics come out I've never uploaded any before. It may look like junk but to us it was a treasure. Just had to share. Happy hunting everyone.

Hat_man

Attachments

• IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's a bunch of blanks you found there. I remember those from my days in basic training. Blanks look like M-16 .223 rounds.

Sounds like a great day.

Ken

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds ! and to have your son go with you to ;) i'd say a great day for the both of you ;D congrats on the finds and fun ;)

OP
OP
H

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Well it looks like my pics are way too big. I tried to resize to get below 196kb but these are HUGE. What is a good size to use? I could keep experimenting, but after 15 or 20 tries you all would be seeing these pics in your sleep. Thanks and Happy Hunting.

Hat_man

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great day of finds. You've got a lot of blanks there. Way to go!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Hatman--A good time for sure.

haboo

Jun 27, 2007
Hampshire, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Yep they are blanks, We used them for training. We had Blank Adapters that we attached to the ends of our M-16s in order to fire in auto.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
haboo said:
Yep they are blanks, We used them for training. We had Blank Adapters that we attached to the ends of our M-16s in order to fire in auto.

Heh Heh... We used to take off the blank adaptor, and take a spent round and stick it in the end
of the barrel, and then fire off another blank. Not deadly, but hurt like hell when it hit you. We were
doing war games on our 2 week summer camp for the National Guards, and my buddy and I captured
the red teams CQ, but in the process I shot the Captain in the rump with one of those blanks... damned if
the guy didn't call me into headquarters, and as I stood in front of him, he tore my promotion papers in half.
Oh well... the guard back in the 70's was a joke. If at that time we would have got sent to war like today's
guys, I would have quit the guard, and reupped in the marines before I would have went into a wartime situation
with those bunch of misfits!! Our unit had it's own bar, and I think we spent more time in there than in
training. :D :D

HH Slabman

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the long knife might be a reaper blade, and the blanks may be from some memorial service

HH
-GC

OP
OP
H

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks everyone.
I thought it might be a Kaiser knife or some sort of reaper too Goldcoin. All the blanks except one came from around the same tree. We didn't get up or around the house much yet as it was hot and we forgot to bring any extra water. What we did find near the house was coal. When we dug the penny up came pieces of coal. The basement window near there was open to the basement except for bars or a pipe frame on it. Maybe to dump coal down the basement and not let in the bigger critters? I can't wait to get back there and explore the basement and around the clothes line poles. We found where they were. Happy Hunting everyone.

Hat_man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions