timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out yesterday trying to find some halves. No banks seemed to have them, I managed to find a bank on the way home that had a bunch of halves, but I'd already bought a bunch of dimes. All I had left was $90, so I bought that much worth of halves. They were a big fat skunko. I might go back and buy the rest the teller said they had over $700 worth, and none of the rolls I bought were marked so it would be a decent batch in there.
Anyhow, onto the dimes. I bought $300 worth, and the very first roll I opened had 5 silver rims lookin at me, I was stunned. I put all the rest of the rolls like that one to the side to open last, I even slid those dimes back into that roll before I looked at them. None of the other different looking dime rolls had any silver. So when I got down to these I was prayin that I'd hit an old stash. Needless to say I will be back to this bank tomorrow morning in hopes that they haven't sent the rest off yet.

Totals
foreign: 2008 5 pence, and a 1966 Danmark 10 ore. Both new additions to the collection
Canadian: 3- 1968 all stuck to a magnet. There were about 30 other canadian dimes I tossed back as well.
1959 silver
1948 silver

U.S.- 14 rosies, and a 1943 merc

So a total of 17 silver dimes, the most I've ever had from customer rolls. I've had good bag scores before too, but not since last year.
This may not seem like much, especially compared to the huge scores posted today. But I'm happy with it, it's over an ounce of silver and I was expecting to find maybe 1 or 2 keepers.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love american silver- and foreign for that matter, just those peskie canadian dimes hat aren't silver get on my nerves. no way to return them in my area, the magnets off the coin machines snatch them before they get counted. hh

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Timbobwey,
Great job finding those dimes. You scored well today.
"It's out there..."
rileyboy

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they still have some dimes left tomorrow. I'm gonna go early in the morning, not sure if they sent them off yet or not. I'm sure if I buy more, there's gonna be more goods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread