My best find ever. A beautiful Celt.

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Archery deer season starts in two days so I went out this afternoon to pull a memory card from a trail camera and do a little last minute checking around the farm. The camera that I wanted the memory card from is near a creek and after I pulled the card I decided to walk back to the truck following the creek rather than going across the top of the ridge. First I found a nice little broken point that I'll post later. That little broke got my eyes focused in real good and got me to moving slower and not 5 minutes later I happened upon this celt. I wasn't artifact hunting so I didn't have my camers so sorry no insitu. I darn near left it laying and drove the 25 miles home for my camera just so I could get a pic but better judgement got the best of me and I picked it up.

The first few pics are before I washed the dirt off...the rest while still wet. As I said before I've found some neat artifacts but this is by far my favorite so far.

Attachments

• Celt 1.jpg
    Celt 1.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 529
  • celt 2.jpg
    celt 2.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 523
  • celt 3.jpg
    celt 3.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 523
  • celt 4.jpg
    celt 4.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 515
  • celt 5.jpg
    celt 5.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I'm still looking for one of those! not even sure I can find one in this area, but i look anyway. And the camera's not that important ;D

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archer that celt is awesome. What a beauty :notworthy:. You deserve that one! It will display well. Did you get that buck on your camera again? You need to post his picture on this thread. When you are in your tree stand you will be thinking about that creek :laughing7:
Congratulations!
TnMtns

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
TnMountains said:
Archer that celt is awesome. What a beauty :notworthy:. You deserve that one! It will display well. Did you get that buck on your camera again? You need to post his picture on this thread. When you are in your tree stand you will be thinking about that creek :laughing7:
Congratulations!
TnMtns

No he didn't make another appearance but I did get some good pics of a couple other nice ones. In the future I need to hang my treestands out of hearing range of creeks....it is very difficult to sit still in that tree stand listening to water rushing down that creek knowing what it might be uncovering. More than once I've left my bow hanging in the tree and gotten down to "stretch my legs".

Thanks for the comments everyone. I won't get back to much artifact hunting until deer season is over but I sure can't wait to get back to the creek I walked up today.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
archer66 said:
TnMountains said:
Congratulations!
TnMtns

No he didn't make another appearance but I did get some good pics of a couple other nice ones. In the future I need to hang my treestands out of hearing range of creeks....it is very difficult to sit still in that tree stand listening to water rushing down that creek knowing what it might be uncovering. More than once I've left my bow hanging in the tree and gotten down to "stretch my legs".

Thanks for the comments everyone. I won't get back to much artifact hunting until deer season is over but I sure can't wait to get back to the creek I walked up today.

Might be a good way to travel in and out of your spot. Archery gets hot and the days are still long. A cool creek might be a good mid day escape. Have a good season. What a way to end the year though :hello:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking Celt archer. It looks to be a Hopewell Square Celt and a very fine example of one. Don't you love finding artifacts when your "not really hunting" for them?

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
Sweet. If I had artifacts on my farm ain't no way I'd be bowhunting this early. Good luck though.

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
SoIll said:
Sweet. If I had artifacts on my farm ain't no way I'd be bowhunting this early. Good luck though.

I'm not quite finished fishing for the summer either but here's why I'm so excited about bow season. I have about 30 pictures of this buck and have been trying to get him patterned while he's still on a summer food source....a green soybean field. If I can pinpoint where he's bedding I can possibly make deer steaks out of him....

I do virtually all of my artifact hunting January 15 to mid April. Once it gets warm I'm on to other pursuits.

Attachments

• scotty 1.jpg
    scotty 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 438
  • scotty cropped.jpg
    scotty cropped.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 435

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Bow season dont open here for about six more weeks but that sure puts the itch in me. Nice celt also if you had to pick a typical bc with your bow or that celt what would it be.

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Rockiologist said:
Bow season dont open here for about six more weeks but that sure puts the itch in me. Nice celt also if you had to pick a typical bc with your bow or that celt what would it be.

lol...I'd give 10 of those celts for a typical 170 incher with my bow. I put WAY more effort into my deer hunting than anything else. By far. In fact this artifact hunting stuff is just a sidebar to my deer hunting. I spend a lot of time in late winter/early spring scouting for deer and looking for shed antlers...the artifact hunting is something I do on those trips. Although I will say again that it gets tough for me to sit in a stand and listen to a creek run without going and getting my feet wet....so artifact hunting is becoming a new favorite hobby...or as my wife says addiction.

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
archer66 said:
Rockiologist said:

lol...I'd give 10 of those celts for a typical 170 incher with my bow. I put WAY more effort into my deer hunting than anything else. By far. In fact this artifact hunting stuff is just a sidebar to my deer hunting. I spend a lot of time in late winter/early spring scouting for deer and looking for shed antlers...the artifact hunting is something I do on those trips. Although I will say again that it gets tough for me to sit in a stand and listen to a creek run without going and getting my feet wet....so artifact hunting is becoming a new favorite hobby...or as my wife says addiction.

Yeah me to. Bow hunting has been my biggest passion for all of my adult life. However it is funny how many artifacts I have found hunting and fishing. Especially fishing if there not biteing and I'm seeing flint I find myself at the end of the day hunting my fishinf pole! lol

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

The polish on the bit is amazing. That is a screamer for sure.. I give ATTA boys..... John

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Awesome celt!

Come on deer season, I've never seen so many deer as we have around this year. Anywhere from 6 to 30 deer right out my front door every night, eating apples and pears that fall from our trees. And a few really nice bucks, some huge does and a lot of young ones too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread