Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's definitely the end of the detecting season for me up in Michigan...we've been getting some crazy weather lately and the ground has been frozen for a while now. But while I was back home spending some time with my family during the holiday season, I decided to go through some old photo books and discovered what I'm gonna call the best find of 2016...

IMG_2843.JPG

It's a picture of me and my dad metal detecting circa 2002. I'm the short one with the blonde hair crouching down next to him- 5 years old. My dad started me out metal detecting at an early age. He took me out to parks, beaches, old house sites, you name it. Those are some of the best memories I have. I hope I'm making him proud as I continue to detect today and share my finds with the world. Just remember, the best finds aren't in the ground; they're right in front of us.

Upvote 16

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure hes proud this is a great hobby for families to spend fun time together and sounds like you have an appreciation for history. This is a great hobby for digging up things from long ago and appreciating them and things from not to lomg ago only a certain kind of person loves this hobby.I live in A2 I'm going to the Arboretum tomorrow ground will be not to frozen. Thanks for the post and the pics Tommy

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure hes proud this is a great hobby for families to spend fun time together and sounds like you have an appreciation for history. This is a great hobby for digging up things from long ago and appreciating them and things from not to lomg ago only a certain kind of person loves this hobby.I live in A2 I'm going to the Arboretum tomorrow ground will be not to frozen. Thanks for the post and the pics Tommy

Thanks Tommy! Did you know I'm living in A2 as well? I've seen you all over the forums- we should get out and do some detecting together sometime!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...so awesome! It's a dark, rainy, gloomy day and you just brightened it up...made me all warm n fuzzy lol...thx ddf..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats of pulling that treasured photo. It's amazing how many memories can come to mind by looking at a picture.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...so awesome! It's a dark, rainy, gloomy day and you just brightened it up...made me all warm n fuzzy lol...thx ddf..

That's awesome to hear! :)

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats of pulling that treasured photo. It's amazing how many memories can come to mind by looking at a picture.

Thanks! I wonder what kids these days will have to replace polaroid photos for memories. It seems like kids are getting into video earlier and earlier, which is great! But I think that it's sometimes better to just look at a single photo and reminisce than to watch the exact memory play out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread