my best find so far

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to my favorite park today and figured to try to see if I could pull out a few more silvers before the frost sets in and digging is done for a few month. I went to the part of the park were I found my oldest coin and proceeded to start finding a few od coins here and there. when I started to get a strong quarter to half dollar signal but it was mixed with some other signals, but I tried to separate the signals the best I could and started to dig. I pulled out a good sized plug and ran my pinpointer over it and it went off looking closer I pulled out a nail. giving the plug an other wave with the pinpointer and an other target was found it was a ring it looked very old and cracked it wasn't silver or gold but I put it in my pouch, and giving the clump an other wave of the pinpointer and I found another target. I see its round and dark colored but big thinking it may be a clad half dollar I start to wipe away some dirt and then I see it. It reads one cent and in my head I'm going nuts I never dreamed of finding a large cent as I've never found anything in that time frame there before and it been hunted often over the years. so I stopped rubbing it and put it safely away to look at later. I tried to go back to hunting to see if I could fine some more goodies but after about 10 minutes said who am I kidding I got to go and clean this thing up and see what I got. It was quite a rush for me I'm still feeling a bit excited about it and its been about 3 hours since I found it. 100_1507.jpg 100_1508.jpg
I was surprised at what good condition it was in. still has good detail. I only cleaned it with water and soft tooth brush and wiped with olive oil and dried. hope you guys and gals like it.

Upvote 0

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations those are keel finds. I've yet to find a silver coin or a wheat penny but have found almost $30. in clad.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you. A large cent has eluded me and is one coin I really want to find someday.

OP
OP
F

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry the date on it is 1856. I'm still in treasure shock. I think I'm going to have to go find some other goodies today after work.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice coin. Congrats on a nice find!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. I hope to one day find one that has a readable date.
Yours looks great. That Buffalo ain't too shabby either.
Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread