MY BEST FIND YET IN GOLD NEARLY ONE OUNCE

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last summer I was in Missouri looking over a 22 room mansion on 10,000 acres my parents own. The Manison had been handed down through the family and was built in 1850. I am to go there this coming summer to dismantle the entire home as it is collapsing in many areas and has not been occupied for nearly 30 years. I was able to get inside and recover boxes of items that I brought back to Tucson. Today I was going through a box that had many books in it. Looking through the books a coin fell out into my lap. To my surprise it was an 1877 twenty dollar double eagle.

I plan to have a metal detector by the time I head back to Missouri as I am told many coins were buried on the property and may have more within the home. My mother who just passed away December 28th at the age of 91 told me as a child growing up in the home that she use to play with gold coins and that her dad and grandfather hide coins in the house and outside.

image4bzf.jpg

image2htp.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread