My best find.

potsy

Jan 23, 2007
Youngstown Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used to live in youngstown ohio. Idora park built in 1890. My buddy David and I had permission when they were destroying the park for a church, before and after. While rummaging around an old care takers house pile under the wild cat coaster, we found 720 dollars 5-10-2-and 50's all dating from 1950-1969, must have been someones stash. Also a 1950 gold ring from east high, no luck on the owner, or what east high is came from. My oldest coin from this place was an 1880 IH. Found my first half 1942 half there. Pretty fun place. No Body was allowed in except us. One crappy part was this metal detecting club who didn't have any permission, they came on a weekend like 15 of them. I was pretty pissed. All the rules and stuff everyone tries to abide by, and i have to worry about a club intruding on my spot. Needless to say, David opened his mouth about the money and the club tore apart all the piles of wood and remaining rubble in search of more. Almost got us kicked out. The construction crew had to bulldoze everything back. One more thing, this place was awesome after it rained, where they had tore the ground up all over the park with the dozers, you could find old coins littering the top of the ground. It was definitely a good time. Now i reside in Utah, near ogden.

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
P,

welcome to the board.

Interesting story. Sounds like it was a
good spot for you and your buddy.

Hope we will be seeing some of your
new finds this year.

have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hey Potsy. Welcome aboard. Are you an old "Happy Days" fan? The only other Potsy I ever heard of was on that show. Enjoyed your story about your best find. I'll bet it was very exciting. Shame that club jumped your claim. I can empathize with you on that. By the way, I love the skiing in your State. Some of my favorite ski areas are in Utah. I bet you'd love to find one of those Mormon gold pieces sometime. Happy hunting.
Bob

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Jan 23, 2007
Youngstown Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If i ever came across one of those Mormon pieces, man!! Don't know what I would do. At 75,000 in good shape and those 10 dollar ones that were stolen and lost in the desert. Shoot. Made for life if i came across that hoard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions