My best find..

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Like MJ, I posted this before..actually, it just happened to be in the picture with a jug I dug last year...eagle-eye Duffytrash spotted it and asked for a better pic...when I was trying to free the jug I found, I saw something go flying by with the dirt from my digger..if I had blinked I probably would have missed it...This section is a great addition to Tnet..I still don't think a lot of people realize the value some old marbles can have..I never did...here's the marble...and Duffys comments...also included is a pic of the marbles I kept from when I was a kid...there's some goods ones in the jar too..but this is the best one I've dug up...

marble.jpg

Duffys comments:

by the looks of that marble it appears to be an early peltier "miller machine" swirl..made in the late 20s- early 30s in ottawa ill. imho..the blow hole is a as made defect and does not effect the value much...and is a peltier trait...but its not mint maybe lower near mint....if its over 11/16 its really rare and the grey colors is also rare...all in all a truly rare example and most collectors would probably want it in their collection..maybe 40-60$ in that condiction...the miller macine is named after william miller the inventor of the machine and is a dating factor only...some used to be really pricey but the internet and ebay has really cut this type marbles values...nice find!!!!!

marble.jpg

Attachments

• marbles.jpg
    marbles.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 470

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250