can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice stuff. I'll post toward the end of the year, got a few more weeks to go before I pass out from exhaustion. OLDEST find to date Phillip II of Spain tiny maravedis or blanca coin, about 450-500 years old. Best - depends on the day I'm looking at the stuff.

I got excited over 200 year old war of 1812 stuff. To find 500 year old stuff, and coins none the less, would send chills down my spine! Congratulations on finding real treasure!!

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here they are, in no particular order

The bullet measures to a 52 caliber. Which in all of my research point it to a confederate round. That is important because I found it in Wisconsin at a civil war hospital. The only way I can figure out it got there was in a Union soldiers extremity. Which for me is chilling to think about if I am right.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a great variety of keepers! Especially the CW artifacts here in WI.
The key is amazing as well as that buckle and US buttons!

As a fellow Wisconsinite can i ask where about you found these things?
Dont worry im not going to search your hot spot im just curious?

Congrats and Happy Hunting!
TheMilDetector

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found a great variety of keepers! Especially the CW artifacts here in WI.
The key is amazing as well as that buckle and US buttons!

As a fellow Wisconsinite can i ask where about you found these things?
Dont worry im not going to search your hot spot im just curious?

Congrats and Happy Hunting!
TheMilDetector

Prairie du chien, wi. I can only tell you that much because their is a state funded company there now renovating the building into apartments, and the state archeologist removed us and all detectors from the property, much to my peril. I tried to reason with them, but the "state archeology department would rather the artifacts rot in the ground than end up in a private collection." An excerpt from the lengthy phone conversation I had with them. I also cannot tell you the spot out of respect for the property owner. She has become a friend and great asset for other very historic properties, as their sole purpose is renovating old buildings into livable, affordable housing. I do hope you understand my position!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prairie du chien, wi. I can only tell you that much because their is a state funded company there now renovating the building into apartments, and the state archeologist removed us and all detectors from the property, much to my peril. I tried to reason with them, but the "state archeology department would rather the artifacts rot in the ground than end up in a private collection." An excerpt from the lengthy phone conversation I had with them. I also cannot tell you the spot out of respect for the property owner. She has become a friend and great asset for other very historic properties, as their sole purpose is renovating old buildings into livable, affordable housing. I do hope you understand my position!:icon_thumright:

I completely understand you position. Thats really disappointing that they would let the artifacts waste away. Im glad you were able to save some history. No worries about seeing me out there. Thats a bit of a haul for me to get by you lol. Just went 40 miles to detect and it was exhausting. Best of luck on your next adventures. Happy Hunting
-TheMilDetector-

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I completely understand you position. Thats really disappointing that they would let the artifacts waste away. Im glad you were able to save some history. No worries about seeing me out there. Thats a bit of a haul for me to get by you lol. Just went 40 miles to detect and it was exhausting. Best of luck on your next adventures. Happy Hunting
-TheMilDetector-

I would actually love to find an expert from this site to detect with! This is my first year in the hobby, and I still have so much to learn.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would actually love to find an expert from this site to detect with! This is my first year in the hobby, and I still have so much to learn.

This is my first year as well. Ive had lots of fun finding old places near me. Thers no too many people close by me. Went out with Decender a few weeks ago and WisconsinPirate yesterday. Its nice to meet people who share this hobby. Been going solo all year. Its all about location. Im sure there is somone close to you. I think danemark might be close to you. Hes found lots of old coins and relics.

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first year as well. Ive had lots of fun finding old places near me. Thers no too many people close by me. Went out with Decender a few weeks ago and WisconsinPirate yesterday. Its nice to meet people who share this hobby. Been going solo all year. Its all about location. Im sure there is somone close to you. I think danemark might be close to you. Hes found lots of old coins and relics.

Thanks! Just sent them a PM to see!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Not to worry about "kissing" the keeper, we have all done it before... :BangHead:

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Not to worry about "kissing" the keeper, we have all done it before... :BangHead:

Thank you for the words of encouragement PoE!! I was almost sick to my stomach when I realized what i had in my hand a few weeks later. A blank buckle was a lot of research, but sooooooo worth it in the end!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread