Upvote 0
OP
OP
mdakotared

mdakotared

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Virginia
Don't dispair! I found this plate with my first detector, a used $200 Wilson which was subsequently replaced with a Wilson Northstar. Both found a few plates & a lot of buttons, bullets, ordnance, & brass. You don't have to buy a real expensive MD, at first. My current MD is a Tesaro Vaquero, and it is finding tiny & DEEP relics in "hunted out" sites.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Great find ! Detecting the plate is easy, happening to swing your coil over the right spot is the hard part. I have only found one US Belt Plate, but it would have been hard to miss. I guess you could have mistaken it for a smashed coke can since it blared so loud, but let that teach you to dig all consitent signals :) You never know what that signal is going to be.

OP
OP
mdakotared

mdakotared

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Virginia
You are so right. My first plate was a US "box" type. dug in a plowed field between the footprints of a fellow relic hunter that did not swing over the sweet spot. I find that the newer MD's allow you to return to your old hunting grounds for those deeper targets, but slowing down and hunting closer will also result in more finds.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sweet plate! I wish I had anything near my area capable of producing finds like that. Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread