My best Revolutionary War hunt so far. Nice relics of Burgoyne's Army.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went on a hunt to one of my favorite Revolutionary War spots. It's a long 3-4 hours drive but it was well worth it. Other than a ton of musket balls, found two beautiful British enlisted soldier's buttons of 20th and 53rd Regiment of foot from the Burgoyne's campaign 1776-1777.

20180819_094048[10696].jpg

I believe it's the first time I find two Revolutionary War buttons on the same hunt. Their condition is a welcome bonus so I couldn't be happier.
Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
Upvote 47
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, those are in outstanding shape for the age. Most excellent finds!

Yes, I agree. They survived pretty well. The soil is very kind over there. Thanks.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just holding stuff like that gives me the shivers. Soooo cool. Soooo awesome.

Great job, and congrats!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice condition on those buttons . Congrats on saving some important US history.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yeah! Colonial mil. is definitely worth a 3-4 hour drive. Congrats. Can't wait until the final hay cut and the corn is harvested here in a few weeks!

John

Yes, it was sure worth it. Good luck on your hunts after the harvest!

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice specimens :thumbsup: You are accumulating a nice collection of Rev War buttons.

Thanks Steve. Actually I do, never thought of collecting them but I have a few nice examples by now.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Saves! Those are two very nice nice buttons, congratulations!:icon_thumright:

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!!

There's a well know Burgoyne encampment spot near me, I've been trying for years to get permission from the landowner but he always says no!!!

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic!!

There's a well know Burgoyne encampment spot near me, I've been trying for years to get permission from the landowner but he always says no!!!

I can understand them sometimes. If the spot is well known he must have people coming every few months asking for the permission. He doesn't want his land to become a lunar landscape. I'm not even talking about the people that don't even ask for a permission and just go in, there are some like that in the hobby, they make life difficult for everyone and make the permission asking way harder.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can understand them sometimes. If the spot is well known he must have people coming every few months asking for the permission. He doesn't want his land to become a lunar landscape. I'm not even talking about the people that don't even ask for a permission and just go in, there are some like that in the hobby, they make life difficult for everyone and make the permission asking way harder.
I agree

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread