My best Walker

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
This is by far the best Walking Half I have found, in both condition and date(1919). I really want to get it slabbed so that I can get a proper grade assigned to it. It has much of the XF qualities to it, but I think there is enough detractors to put it in the high VF range. There is quite a difference between VF and XF in this key date coin, so I want to get it down in writing, as they say.

I found it in a pile of large rocks, laying face down on the soil. I got a signal as I scanned over the rocks and looked down between the rocks and spotted it. The reverse had been exposed to the elements for many a while, and the obverse still had good color since it was against the soil. I got the signal at about 14 inches with my 1280X/10". I then took my time and slowly took several more halves and a number of quarters out of the rocks, all old silver, mostly Barbers.

Don't pass by the difficult areas like rock strewn spots because you just never know.

Good luck and HH!

Attachments

• wlrev.JPG
    wlrev.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 790
  • wlobv.JPG
    wlobv.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Thanks for the compliments MRob! I checked out that MS64 and aside from the staining, that is one gorgeous coin. That one has some incredible detail. It was obviously a good strike, as it shows all the breast feathers on the eagle and lady liberty's head and breast has full detail as well. Mine was probably a weaker strike with some high point wear. It is a regular silver color and the flash has softened the surface a bit. It does show a little surface etching on the obverse when you look at it in your hand.

Thanks again! HH!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find. You can even tell my the pic that the quality is great. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread