My best watch find... MINTY

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a fake Cartier, omega and Rolex. They all went in the trash. Heck with them. I can't sleep ripping someone off on purpose. Someone may pay $$ for them. I'll make my $$ on something else.

If someone can sell them, good. Not trying to be rude though. But.... I throw them out. Along with magnetic sterling silver jewelry.

If you throw them out, then you are losing out on a fair amount of money! Watch Collectors, Dealers, Watch Article Writers and sometimes even Watch Repairers want these fakes to help them lookout for more of these and other fakes and are willing to pay fairly nice prices to obtain them. It is not a against the law nor a crime of morality to sell fake watches, coins and other fake items as long as you divulge that they are fakes! I purchased a fake Breitling which was not in really great shape for $5 and when a gentleman asked me at the Flea Market, how much would I take for it, I said make an offer and he offered $50 and I said sold.

Frank

Last edited:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Known fake, but quality watches still sell. I listed a $1000 watch and was told it was fake. I tried to end the auction and told folks the watch was fake. I got several emails from folks wanting to still buy the watch for good $$. Some wanted to take a chance and some wanted a good quality fake for themselves. I spoke to to a jeweler and he said some guys buy quality fake versions of the nice Rolex they own to wear as an everyday watch instead of risking damage to the nice "special occasion" watch. All kinds of reasons to NOT throw out good watches. Especially with possibly good movements inside.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
If you throw them out, then you are losing out on a fair amount of money! Watch Collectors, Dealers, Watch Article Writers and sometimes even Watch Repairers want these fakes to help them lookout for more of these and other fakes and are willing to pay fairly nice prices to obtain them. It is not a against the law nor a crime of morality to sell fake watches, coins and other fake items as long as you divulge that they are fakes! I purchased a fake Breitling which was not in really great shape for $5 and when a gentleman asked me at the Flea Market, how much would I take for it, I said make an offer and he offered $50 and I said sold.

Frank

It's illegal in the US to sell fake coins that are not clearly marked "Copy". It's also a violation of federal copyright laws to sell counterfeit name brand items.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's illegal in the US to sell fake coins that are not clearly marked "Copy". It's also a violation of federal copyright laws to sell counterfeit name brand items.

Absolutely. What I was implying is that the movement has value not the watch. There are different versions of fakes and this is one of the higher quality ones. There are three classes of fakes . Bad ones with Cheap quartz movements that are obvious fakes. Good ones with quality movements that are meant to imply it is real to others but not deceive. In the third is those that have counterfeit movements that are meant to deceive and the movement is exact copy of the real movement and is branded as a Rolex . I classify my Rolex as good. When it was new it had a sweeping hand and unless you knew it would appear to be a real one but could easily be discerned as a copy if you open the back. The movement is generic and the real watch company name is on it . I could easily take the movement out of this Rolex and sell it as a automatic movement for $25 to $50 bucks.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

You may be correct but in many cases, it is never enforced! I have seen hundreds if not thousands of fake/counterfeit coins and quite a few fake/counterfeit name brand watches sold at Coin Shows, Flea Markets, Gun Shows, on Craigslist and even some on eBay and I have never seen or heard of any of the Sellers being arrested.

Frank

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
You may be correct but in many cases, it is never enforced! I have seen hundreds if not thousands of fake/counterfeit coins and quite a few fake/counterfeit name brand watches sold at Coin Shows, Flea Markets, Gun Shows, on Craigslist and even some on eBay and I have never seen or heard of any of the Sellers being arrested.

Frank

It isn't enforced much that's for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread