My big find of the day!!!

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out on a logging road just for fun and seeing what might turn up. For me it is the adventure of what in the world will I find? Well about a billion pull tabs and coke cans later. My MD pings in nice 98... 10"inches down. hmmm wonder what it could be silver dollar? I start to dig... and I hit steal flat squar edges like a strong box! I am like wow cool! I hit the Mother load!:icon_thumright:Of broken axe handle and single bit axe head. Still fun and and enjoying this hobby.:hello2:

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the right attitude, the good stuff is on the way. Keep on hunting! Fun story too. :)

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good day to me seadog! How old is the axe? Some old ones can have a bit of value to them to a collector. There are plenty of posts here where they are being discussed. Keep hunting man!

OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well by the looks of it i would say around 20 years old? or more image.jpg So I took it home and will repair it.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go. thats so much better than nothing.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey alright. You can fix that bad boy up and put back in work.I like finding tools that can be reused. Congrats.

OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like one that a Faller would use to drive wedges in to the back cut. the handle looks like it broke and was just left on the old landing and covered up by a new road cut.

OP
OP
scurvy_seadog

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
Out on a logging road just for fun and seeing what might turn up. For me it is the adventure of what in the world will I find? Well about a billion pull tabs and coke cans later. My MD pings in nice 98... 10"inches down. hmmm wonder what it could be silver dollar? I start to dig... and I hit steal flat squar edges like a strong box! I am like wow cool! I hit the Mother load!:icon_thumright:Of broken axe handle and single bit axe head. Still fun and and enjoying this hobby.:hello2:
its just nice to be out digging and the thought that you could possibly find that strongbox makes it even more enjoyable

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread