hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, hope you enjoy these photos. Here's the story. Two summers ago I took my detector to a river nearby because the water was way down exposing a big portion of the gravel bar. Walking along I noticed it and thought it was the rubber end of a rifle butt stock. It was covered in moss that had turned black. I decided to pick it up to see how old it was or if there were any markings on it. Thats when I noticed the weight. Being a lifelong arrowhead hunter I knew what it was even thou I could'nt think of the word right away. Just about walked by it. The holes seem to be right at 3'' on center which I thought was pretty good for probably not having a tape! But you never know.
100_09391_zps67fce857.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09401_zps086e562c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09461_zps372e3020.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09491_zps7a3b741a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09451_zps15511745.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09501_zps7d9eb0ac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_09371_zpse3df6235.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Amazing find!! Congratulations, those don't show up very often in that condition.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! That is an incredible artifact. One of the rarest of the rares to find whole. Do you know what the material is?

It probably doesn't meet the criteria since it was found two years ago, but that piece deserves the Banner as much as any piece I've seen on here.

OP
OP
hunting deer

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I don't know what its made of.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a truly spectacular find!! Agree with Steve that it is a banner quality find if eligible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hunting deer

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a truly spectacular find!! Agree with Steve that it is a banner quality find if eligible.
Thanks I'm not trying to make the banner. I'd be honored, but I treasure hunt because I love it. I'm just glad I got around to posting the photos so everyone can see it.

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome, great condition.

OP
OP
hunting deer

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super fantastic find. Every hunters dream. Very impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, just happened to be looking down in the right place at the right time. I was actually "metal detecting" in the riverbed.

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
I'd say that being in the right place at the right time is always the case! ! Lol.
I'm just messing with you.
I can honestly say that that type of artifact is one that I have never personally held. I hope your good fortune continues and that a little of that good fortune floats my way

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pays to watch the ground while swinging that detector. Especially on a gravel bar!

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
Very nice find. Those are as rare as hen's teeth. So true about being in the right place at the right time. You can be in the right place at the wrong time and won't find squat. That's why I like detecting also. Timing isn't as crucial.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the best boat stones I've seen in a long time. Great find:icon_thumleft: I say BANNER

No doubt it would easily make the banner. It is spectacular for sure. But to qualify it has to be a recent find and this was found two summers ago. But not making banner does not mean we are not thrilled to see it or take away from the rarity of it. I have never found one. It is still a banner find in my book.

OP
OP
hunting deer

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. Those are as rare as hen's teeth. So true about being in the right place at the right time. You can be in the right place at the wrong time and won't find squat. That's why I like detecting also. Timing isn't as crucial.
So true!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread