My bottle collection ~ picked from a wooded area

Wezzie

Nov 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
BH3300
I have no clue what bottles are worth, for me, it's the variety that I like to see. Just down the road from me is a once upon a time road which is no longer in use and hasn't been for years. Only access through there now is with an ATV or what have you. This area must of been a dumping ground years ago cause there is tons of junk...however....I've managed to salvage these bottles and there is so many more to get from this location!

With that said, here is my bottle collection...got these within approx 4 trips to this wooded area...

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 537
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 548
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 539

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wezzie: First Off, Welcome to TN! Second, You seem to have cornered the market in Bottles, at least in your area! Better go to the Library
and pick up some Bottle Recognition Books to see you thru the Long Winter! Nice Going! 8)

Joe

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
W,

now that is a big bunch of bottles. ;D
Looks like you may run out of space to keep
them all.
You sure do have a collection going,
glad you enjoy collecting them.

have a good un..........

OP
OP
Wezzie

Wezzie

Nov 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
BH3300
Thank you for the welcome! I have indeed ran out of room in that cabinet but, there's more spots I could take up in the house ;)

T

TreasureTales

WOW!!! Lots of bottles, how cool. Have you considered putting the colored glass directly under the lightbulb? Colored glass bottles with light shining through them are awesome. The light will really show off the beauty of the green, brown, blue, lavender, etc. glass. Great collection.

OP
OP
Wezzie

Wezzie

Nov 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
BH3300
Hi TreasureTales...

I wish i could put the colour bottles under the light. The center glass piece broke during delivery to my house. I keep wanting to have it replaced but, it's one of those things that sits on the back burner. Hope to get it done some day soon and when I do, I'll definately move them under the light. I too think it would enhance them.

Thanks Bunches for reminding me to get that glass replaced ;)

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
That's a nice collection you've put together! I recognize one of those green bottles as a Canada Dry, I believe.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I don't know much about bottles but I understand there are 4 rules to live by if your not an expert...
1. Keep it until you know what it is, then decide what to do with it.
2. Keep it until you know what it isn't, then see #1.
3. Dig well past where you think there aren't going to be anymore bottles.
4. If the opening is oblong rather than round or the neck is not straight: KEEP IT HOSER, IT'S FREAKIN OLD!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Wezzie,
Nice bottle collection!
Do any of them have the skull and crossbones on them? I collect poison bottles....?...go figure:)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
I don't know much about bottles but I understand there are 4 rules to live by if your not an expert...
4. If the opening is oblong rather than round or the neck is not straight: KEEP IT HOSER, IT'S FREAKIN OLD!
:D

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Baron Von De Kalb said:
Skrimpy said:
:D

Is it that obvious I don't know bottles? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread