Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My boyfriend and I's tooth collection so far

WOW, that is quite a collection! Great job and good clean fun. Take care.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All I can say is, THAT IS A GREAT COLLECTION......

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Wow! that's a big collection of teeth. Do you find the majority is a certain situation, like a creek or field, or river? Thanks for sharing these with us.

naturegirl

Sorry, I'm an ID freak, but do you figure out to what these belonged?

OP
OP
Lindsey

Lindsey

Jul 12, 2009
Northeast Texas

Thank you everyone. We do all of our searching in the North Sulphur River down in the bed of it, specifically when the water is low. I'm still in the process of trying to ID alot of them, we have a book called Fossil Collector's Guidebook to the North Sulphur River that I use since it helps with our specific area. The tooth on the very bottom row to the right is a Mosasaur tooth I found just on our last trip, hope to find more to the rest of the skull, we are always finding vertebra. The bulky one above the Mosasaur appears to be Enchodus petrosus as it looks identical to the picture in the book, we have a few smaller pieces, they're not quite the actual tooth itself. The skinny teeth without roots I have forgotten what they belonged to and for the sharks teeth it seems to me that alot look too much alike lol. I'm working on it though.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

well, I think these are just neat. I just now noticed the flint atrifacts at the bottom. No doubt you'll add some more of those to your collection too. The american Indian atifacts forum here is very informative. What I'm learning is, when I would read about the "inland sea" that covered texas and oklahoma, I thought a lot of the same fossils would occur in both places. Texas seems to be one of the best fossil states, while we don't have a whole lot here in oklahoma, at least not my part. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

ng

ayoung

Greenie
Aug 31, 2009

thats a great collection. good luck to finding more.

OP
OP
Lindsey

Lindsey

Jul 12, 2009
Northeast Texas

I wish I could find an actual arrowhead but I do find so many flint pieces and pieces that appear to have once been part of an arrowhead, alot of pieces I was skeptical of due to the stone they are made of but the markings on them on not natural. I had to buy a separate shadow box for those, hopefully I can find an arrowhead. For each time we go out there we give up on that and just stick with the teeth, bones and vertebra. Always a blast.

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Ya know, sharing a hobby like that, I bet y'all will be together a very long time. Nice collection.

OP
OP
Lindsey

Lindsey

Jul 12, 2009
Northeast Texas

Thank you so much for the link to that page, it is very informative with great descriptions.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

anim_bow.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread