my broke points and blanks. close to a hundred or more

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought it would be fun to show you all my junk, that i have found over the years... maybe by looking at my broke points it can help show folk's that are just getting into hunting a chance to know what to look for when they go out...these are real crude and some would have been nice if they wernt broke :'(... feel free to resize my pictures.lol im having trouble with that sorry for pics being to big.

Attachments

• Picture 160 (2).jpg
    Picture 160 (2).jpg
    348 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Picture 148 (2).jpg
    Picture 148 (2).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 903
  • Picture 154 (3).jpg
    Picture 154 (3).jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 937
  • Picture 151 (2).jpg
    Picture 151 (2).jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 962
  • Picture 149 (2).jpg
    Picture 149 (2).jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 966
  • Picture 156 (2).jpg
    Picture 156 (2).jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 980
  • Picture 158 (3).jpg
    Picture 158 (3).jpg
    411 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Picture 150 (2).jpg
    Picture 150 (2).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 994
  • Picture 152 (2).jpg
    Picture 152 (2).jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 909
  • Picture 157 (2).jpg
    Picture 157 (2).jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 892
  • Picture 153 (2).jpg
    Picture 153 (2).jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 851
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: my broke points and blanks.

ink-a-alot said:
I just thought it would be fun to show you all my junk, that i have found over the years... maybe by looking at my broke points it can help show folk's that are just getting into hunting a chance to know what to look for when they go out...these are real crude and some would have been nice if they wernt broke :'(... feel free to resize my pictures.lol im having trouble with that sorry for pics being to big.
I hope looking at all this will help the folks just starting out, and now yall can know what to look for.

Yep, looks pretty typical of the area your in. Lots of the red chert from the Sulphur River area. I hope your segregating your brokes as to site found. You might be surprised at what may fit together. Its really paid off for me through the years!! :wink: Heres an example

Attachments

• twice found.jpg
    twice found.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 727
  • twice found.jpg
    twice found.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 718

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks like alot of walking there,thanks.im new to it and have seen many like yours here in tenn.got a couple this weekend,one i thought was broke but a nother hunter there told me it was a bird point and good at that..jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I am seeing quads and crecents. Beautiful material.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I see several whole pieces in here. A couple nice paleo tools, including a sweet limace( I bet uni has eyeballed that one ) I'd hate to think some of those are getting busted up by piling them all together. I haven't seen this guy post in months, anyone know where these nice materials are from.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i got alot of pieces, and broken points. i put the in a display case and put them in my office. get alot of comments about them, and have gotten some leads from people that have seen them on areas to hunt :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i got alot of pieces, and broken points. i put the in a display case and put them in my office. get alot of comments about them, and have gotten some leads from people that have seen them on areas to hunt :icon_thumright:
[/quote they all came out of eat Texas

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:

Hey silvercop
Shoot a picture we collect more brokes that whole one. Post em. : )

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
I see several whole pieces in here. A couple nice paleo tools, including a sweet limace( I bet uni has eyeballed that one ) I'd hate to think some of those are getting busted up by piling them all together. I haven't seen this guy post in months, anyone know where these nice materials are from.
whats a limace??

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
that is a lot of trophies you have there. A whole lot of looking represented and much finding. :thumbsup: Would like to see more, like Moe Howard said..."spread out!" and take many more pics.
Thanx,

BW

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
ink-a-alot said:
thirty7 said:
whats a limace??

A limace, aka slug shaped scraper is an early scraping/fleshing tool associated with the paleo culture. I've read site reports of the Vail site(clovis site) in Maine where many where found. I dont know if they were continued into other periods, uniface probably knows, I'd be interested myself.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Jonnyreb said:
Yep, looks pretty typical of the area your in. Lots of the red chert from the Sulphur River area. I hope your segregating your brokes as to site found. You might be surprised at what may fit together. Its really paid off for me through the years!! :wink: Heres an example

Me too. Look at this Clay.
Newt

Attachments

• lay.jpg
    lay.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 345

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
A Crescent is a knife mostly used for skinning IMO, put one in your hand and feel the way it could be used....

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of materials, I sure would like to go through that stuff & frame some.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread