My brother found a special stone.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys wanted to share this story of a special stone my brother found. My brother is always finding something, most the time it has little value and some would consider most of it to be junk. But ever now and then he finds something really cool.
I want to have it checked out and find out the history.

20140914_122034.jpg IMG_20140914_121921.jpg IMG_20140914_121906.jpg

Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty cool. At first before I clicked on the picture I was thinking this was going to be an example of Mother Nature but that does not seem to be the case. I think your brother found something. Can you show some close up pictures of the face?

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also where was it found? In field? In water? Can you provide some more context?

OP
OP
updownup

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was found in a washout in a ditch in a rural area in central Florida. My brother said at first it was in a solid lime rock. He threw down the larger stone to break and seen a this item sticking out. This was en-bedded into the lime stone. Not sure if the lime stone was from a near by road. (Roadbed) I think my brother placed it in water for a few days, and slowly worked it out by chisel, etc.
20140914_122059.jpg

I'll have to take better pictures. Right now, these are the only ones I have. Note: this was not just laying on the top of ground.

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see some right side up good and clear pictures of the face? If it is the Virgin Mary then it's not Indian related. Very cool though.

OP
OP
updownup

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure reaper, I do not think it is a Virgin Mary. I think it reflects a male Indian. I will have to take those pictures showing more details. It is very detailed, and appears to be some kind of tool, maybe from a large pebble. Not a sharp tool. Maybe for scraping or chopping soft materials. It fits in your hand perfectly and the blade is on the bottom. Please allow me a little time to get those pictures. Some folks I showed it too thinks its real old, maybe far back as the Paleoindians. But they have no clue to Indian artifacts. When shown it does get the attention of many because it is so neat/ cool.

Last edited:

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is amazing! A once in a lifetime find - such beautiful detail. I have no knowledge of what time period or what it represents, but it is such an intriguing piece!

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It reminds me of a wax seal. You would drip wax on a letter and press the hot wax with something that would leave a design. Just a thought. It's totally neat, whatever it is.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Cool piece!!! I would have picked it up for sure.

Unfortunately they see that lady virgin that had lots of kids in a lot of things.

<Matt. 13: 55-56> for those who have been miss-informed, and or don't believe me.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is cool looking, but my thoughts are it would have to be super, super old to be incrusted into a block of limestone and no one was around to be craving back in that time. Would like to see some straight on pics of it. An one more thing is I have never been able to get limestone to dissolve in just water. Maybe it was in something else ?

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Im not certain on it but will be looking for answers on it. I would think it was caked in some hard grey mud and not limestone. But it does look like a face and more pics would help. I hate to say this but mother nature can do some amazing things. I hope I am wrong but possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions