my Buddys buried treasure

S

Stan1942

my buddy of 30years has been collecting coins since he was 9 years old he has 4 safes full of coins every weekens we go to the flea market and he buys about $100.00 worth of coins. He says when he turns 65 he is going to start selling his collection. He told me if he dies before me he wants me to know where he has buried 5 gallon buckets of coins. He thinks is stepson will cheat his wife out of the money and I think he would to. He knows that I don,t need any of his money so he trust's me to see that she gets this money. I asked him to put a note in one of the safes saying that I know where he has buried a large amount of money [I don,t know if he has done this yet] the other problem is my health is worse then his and I will more then likely go be fore him and no one will know about this money. he does not trust lawyers and does not want anyone to know what he has.I sure could use some advice on what to do.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS MORBID !? :o

If that Were to Happen He Would Most Likely (Hopefully)? Decide on a Back up Person.

Unless of Course Yous Go At the same time.

OR

MABY YOU could Help Him Pick A Backup, Being Very Carefull Who , SO , The Money Dosn't Turn up Missing & Your Friend Wondering WHICH ONE? ????

OP
OP
S

Stan1942

I am going to see if he will make a will and put me in as the person to dispose of his coins. I made a will with him has the person to dispose of my things and turn the proceeds over to my wife. He has 4 children by his frist wife and they know about his coins but not about the ones he buried.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
have him will his wife some inexpensive junk peice that no-one would want or even bother to look at twice, and he can put a treasure map on it or in it, or he could just get a safety deposit box in his and her name, leave the contents completely to her in the will, and the directions/co-ordinates inside........

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
another thing to consider is a family trust. it does not go through probate, is not made public knowledge, and unless you are named in it you would never know anything about it or what it was concerning.....mine costed around 1000.00, but well worth the peice of mind as the government can not even break one..............gldhntr

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Stan 1945, ------ Have him make a map to it. In feet and degree's. Eather in plain lanuage or code. With you having the key to the code! Plus the location is not give in the code. Only you will know the starting spot to start to use the code. Without that the code is useless to anyone else not ment to have it! However he must show you the rock or the starting point. He could even use a topo map with the starting point and the buried coin's several 1000 feet apart. With marks to be found at end to continue.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your friend to sell the coins through a coin auction such as Stack's who have their own website while he is still living and then make a will.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand? Am I missing something? Why doesn't he just tell his wife where it's buried? Is it because she will tell her son (his stepson) beforehand? If so he needs to rent a safety deposit box with joint tenancy and put a note in the box. That way when he dies she has immediate access to the box. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread