brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my Buddy's oldest find: 1892 Barber Dime

A group of 3 friends and i got together Saturday morning 9/1/09 for a hunt at an old yet active high school. it is one of the oldest schools here in San Antonio and it has large fields and the remains of old sidewalks. unfortunately alot of those sidewalks have been removed and paved over but some are still left. this was my first hunt in 2 months due to ankle surgery and my first hunt with my 6x8 SEF. i am a bit rusty and my finds for the day equalled up to one penny. but i didnt mind because i was out with good friends and hec i was out of the house hunting again so ill take that penny with a smile.
Now to get to the find of the day. the newest member to our little group,Shelton who recently started hunting again made the big find.
he was using a Garrett 2500 with a stock coil and a Garrett pin pointer. he was hunting a decent size patch of grass that sits between the street and a baseball field parking lot. he was hitting that area really good, covering literally every inch of that ground. after about a 1/5 hour of digging trash and no coin signals, he finally hit it. about 2 inches down, an 1892 barber dime in real good shape. it was actually his second silver for the day. he also hit a 40's rosie. my other buddy Art hit a '44 mercury in that same patch of grass about 30 yards from the barber. it was a great morning because the temp was perfect and the south Texas fireball stayed behind the clouds just long enough to give us perfect conditions. all in all i had a great time......hunting with good friends and hitting silver, especially old silver. Great Job and congratulations to my Amigo Shelton on his great find :headbang:

Attachments

• Sheltons dime1.jpg
    Sheltons dime1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 411
  • Sheltons dime2.jpg
    Sheltons dime2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 411

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Re: my Buddy's oldest find: 1892 Barber Dime

Excellent find. :headbang: I'm still dreaming of finding something like that. Way to go. :icon_thumright:

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other

So that's the way he did it, I had my headphones wrong, signals go right into to the brain. That was one great fine and it couldn't have happen to a nicer your man, welcome to the Barber Club Shelton, how much do you want for that Garrett?

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,

Love those Barbers, Great Find :icon_thumleft:
One year earlier and it would have been Seated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions