My Change from fisher to Minelab

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is less than a month with my new Explorer Se Pro, i love it :thumbsup: actually two and a half weeks, last Sunday was a gold class ring 1979 10k , and a silver earing, today in less than two hours i had a large :headbang:925 ring 10k pendant and a 10k small ring. I have posted the class ring with the website of Lost and Found of Hoggard High School with the initials. I have almost 29 years of experiance and this is the best detector in depth on gold, i have seen to date.

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 450
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 448
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 442
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds, :icon_thumright:

Another member said he is switiching from Minelab to Fisher because Minelabs were "temperamental, make random noise, are screwed up, constant interference with soil mineralization in the northeast and are a scam"...........I guess you hadn't heard... LOL Good hunting....:icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice ring. :headbang: :headbang: When I too switched to a Minelab I thought it sounded like a strangled duck till I learned what it was telling me. :thumbsup:

D

digum smacks

it still sounds like a strangled duck.and i too found out what it was saying and it was "quack quack"

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Sovereign Gt for 2 years. Did I do well with it? Yes, it was excellent on the beach (dry and wet sand) and in parks and in fields. But, I never could get used to the multiple sounds it made. When I finally decided to purchase a detector to use in shallow water and on the beach, I decided to purchase a Fisher CZ-21 instead of an Excalibur (the water version of the Sovereign). I had previously used a CZ-5 for many years and I did very well with it on the beach (both in the dry and wet sand). So, based on that and borrowing a friends CZ-20, I decided to purchase the CZ-21. I like the Fisher much better than I liked the Minelab. Is one better than that other? Not in my opinion. Once you learn to use that CZ-21, I believe you can do equally as well with it as you can an Excalibur. Both machines take patience and practice. Again, I think the best detector is the one you will use and enjoy while you are using it. Both are equally excellent in my opinion. It is just that different people like different detectors. Had Fisher not made the new CZ-21, I would have purchased the Excalibur and just learned to deal with the multiple sounds. JMHO.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise thinking Nuggetshooter. I too like my CZ-20 and hunt in Auto sometimes. It is excellent with the 3 tones as I can max find ratio by not scooping the low Iron tones or High coin tones and just digging the Mid tones which are pull tabs and a lot of jewelry like gold rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread