My Chisholm Trail Hunt 5 Find...A First

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, I want to Burdie and all of those involved in making it such a great get together & hunt from meeting some great people to some awesome food (Thanks, Kurt_Ks) .

This was a first for me, a 3 Ring Bullet with great white patina. I actually found this in the park Friday night before the Saturday field hunt. I guess the field got the best of me, but that park, it paid off. I also seen 2 Barber Quarters pulled Friday afternoon there as well. there was some really good finds found Saturday as well from some of the Hunters....can't wait to see what all was found on Saturday...... Thanks for lookn' & HH, LFG,

Attachments

• 3ringer_01.jpg
    3ringer_01.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 3ringer_02.jpg
    3ringer_02.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 1
OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what cal. it is? Whats the lay of the land, flat, rolling hills? Was there a history of fighting or hunting here? Thanks
I really don't know much about bullets.. a few mentioned 45/7, or something maybe? you can google Caldwell Ks and you will find out about it's history... the Chisholm trail went there, it was also one of the starting points for the 1889 Oklahoma land.

It's about as flat as Flat can be, flat...there is some slow rolling hills though.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like a regular 3 ringer. May be a 45/70 government. Need to measure with calipers and one of the bullet Gurus will nail it.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread