My Colonial Finds for the 1st Half of the Year

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dudes, Zoy and I were sitting around in our homestead, chitting about our hobby of datectin', drinking some espresos, when the caffeine struck me. In a tribal shout, I stated, "Zoy, I mean Kyle...wa-wa-we shhhould TAKE some PACS, I mean pics of my coppas and that, ummmm, oh, zoylf real. What you say, metal detectin' partner aka Brotha of Me?" So, after some further baby-like caffeine ranting and raving about who is having a better year, he finally stated, with some disgust in his trombone-like voice, "Yeah, okay, I admit, you are having a better year." In which I stated, "You better f'in believe it, jerky boy!" >:( :D

So, after a round of shots...that is a round of coffee shots....I finally got my coppas and one Spanish wilver piece out of their resting places. I gave my half real a kiss 1st and stated to Carolus IIII, "Dude, you better frickin' show your whites, if you maintained some good tooth brushing over your years!" Next, I pressed my New Jersey coppa against my chest and stated, "You were my 1st, sweets...I mean, 1st coppa for the year." hahaha Oh, I can't forget to mention that Zoyboy was laughing hysterically at this moment....I think the cookie that he was munching on flew out of his mouth...that made me laugh super hard. Well, you get the point...coppas are the love of my life. :-*

Hmmmm....let me step back in this lovely half year of time and recount some of our adventures. Well, our year started on the "Knob" during the month of January. Dudes, a few nice coppas were pulled off of Dr. B's historic property. I won't recount those since them coins were found by another detectorist who is no longer in our club. :-X

After some "Knob" datectin', the club and I decided to hit another site. At this time of the year, PA was getting pounded with blustering winds and -20 degree windchills. But, with our passion for this pastime, we could not let the frozen turf stop us from recovering history. Armed with a chisel and hammer, we assaulted a field that dates back to the 1770s. This was when I got my Spanish wilver piece. I chiseled the damn wilver out of the ground at a depth of 4"....dudes, that just shows my professional status with my Pro-XL pinpointing technique...hahaha....when I saw that wilver pop out, I think another something popped out. :-X :-[ :D

Ummm...the next trip in the adventures of "Bone Dry Detecting" led us to another Colonial site the next week....we mostly focus on them Colonial sites, buds....I was using my DD coil....I like the size of those things....I mean, I like the small size of it, allowing for trash separation. hahaha I found my New Jersey coppa here...when I dug it out, I picked it up and accidently fell over a cornstalk...thankfully, I have super athletic abilities because instead of plumping on my sweetie, I jumped it just in time and fell on my side in the next row...at that time, I looked over at Zoy....he had that smirk on his face and stated, "You did that on purpose. Do you always have to show your skills off?" I must admit, I sometimes can goof around a bit while swinging my honey, but it is my ploy to distract my other club members. While they are looking over at me, during one of my antics, they aren't focusing on them siggies, so I come away with more coppas/trip. giggle

Well, to make my long story short, I found a few more coppas for the year. My most treasured find for the year would have to be my Warshington Ship Halfpenny...I do talk to him each night...."Dude President, thank you for listening to my detecting stories." Just in case some of you dudes can't count, I found 5...oopsies, I mean 6 Colonial coppas this year. Refer to pictures, if you don't believe my calculation. hahaha

Dudes, I think you get the drift of my kind of year. I don't want to bore any of you dudes who think I am an iiidiot, so I will cut it short, in hopes, of not satiating those other dudes and dudettes who truly love me for me. In the game of datectin', I do aim to surpass the limits of time (in recovering more coppas per hour than Zoy), beauty (in looking as pretty as I can before each trip...bathing with some soap and warshing my hair with Pantene), and personal character (in acting cool, sometimes barbaric, even womanly at times to showcase this hobby to others). So, with a tear in my eye and a glimmer of hope for the future, I sign thyself off in the name of White's. :-* :-* :-*

Attachments

• colonials 001.JPG
    colonials 001.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 716
  • colonials 012.JPG
    colonials 012.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
SWEEEEET finds there Bud. You're really tearing them up!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You are having a great year, now, double up, imeediately.
Good luck Kirk and the gang, keep em coming!
Thaks for sharing you shots!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
piggman1 said:

Thanks, bud, I aim to dig more holes with coppas in them.

Boobydoo said:

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks, Bdoo, I need to wind down now though. hahaha I aim to find some more oldies in the future....stay tuned-in!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
KirkPA said:
piggman1 said:

Thanks, bud, I aim to dig more holes with coppas in them.

Boobydoo said:

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks, Bdoo, I need to wind down now though. hahaha I aim to find some more oldies in the future....stay tuned-in!

Sorry, no winding down, get out there and swing or someone else will get all your oldies. Love your enthusiasm buddy, keep it up and keep sharing!!! GOOD LUCK!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Thanks, Bdoo, for your kind words. I will keep my passion for a long time...no one will mitigate it! hahaha

Good luck to yourself, bud!

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
nice digs Kirk and the gang, got to love the old coin good luck on your next time out

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
DEEPDIGGEREXPII said:
nice digs Kirk and the gang, got to love the old coin good luck on your next time out

Thanks, bud, I know you dudes will find some more old wilver in the Flowing field.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Just Awesome!!!!! I sure wish we had those type of coins here. Looks like a lot of hard work you guys put in....you should be proud!!!!

Stormy

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Kirk. I don't have those kind of goodies around here. How do you like that 4x6 coil on your xlpro? I have been using the 5.3 coil mostly and haven't tried the 4x6 yet.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
silverfreak said:
Very nice Kirk. I don't have those kind of goodies around here. How do you like that 4x6 coil on your xlpro? I have been using the 5.3 coil mostly and haven't tried the 4x6 yet.

Bud, I really liked the 4 X 6 in iron-infested areas. The only downfall is the loss of depth. I got a Barber dime at 5" with it, but deeper than that, probably not on a dime.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk dude, what an awesome haul of colonial coinage! That GW was the icing on the cake!! Man, that is the find of a lifetime quite literally and I bet your heart sank down to your knees when you realized what you had! I have to give big BIG props on that find. Keep'em coming from those dreamfields you have at your disposal ;) ;)

Sentinel

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
{Sentinel} said:
Kirk dude, what an awesome haul of colonial coinage! That GW was the icing on the cake!! Man, that is the find of a lifetime quite literally and I bet your heart sank down to your knees when you realized what you had! I have to give big BIG props on that find. Keep'em coming from those dreamfields you have at your disposal ;) ;)

Sentinel

Thanks, dude, even though that GW is a rare find, I still don't believe it is a find of a lifetime. I can surpass it! I almost sh*t myself when I knew what I had found. HH!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude

(literal meaning) An inexperienced cowboy.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Kirk, thanks for sharing and that is some nice COPPAAASSS. You dudes are OFF the WALL!!! I have a hard time holding down my coffee (decafinated) in the morning. I think you dudes need to lay off those expressos, but then again, that wouldn't be fun. Keep the posts coming and HH. Roy

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk, good year so far, just think, if you do this good for each of the next ten years, think of how many goodies you will have in your collection. :)

Don

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Don in SJ said:
Kirk, good year so far, just think, if you do this good for each of the next ten years, think of how many goodies you will have in your collection. :)

Don

Thanks, bud, you are my inspiration. My goal is to find more Colonials each year...last year I found 3, this year 6, plus this year is not over. My goal for this year is 15 Colonial coppas and 1 more Spanish wilver.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread