wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been getting out but my computer crashed so no photo's. I have done several hunts with alot of barbed wire fragments and a few goodies, ike my very first buffalo nickle a very nice 1936, several more cutlass handles,brass beads I hear were to add weight to a cat-o-nine tails, lots more sinkers over 10 lbs, another iron,a small axle from a toy,more spent bullets,lots of brass junk,and I finally found out what all the 3/4" short pieces of pipe were, the old lakeside railroad used them to pin railroad ties to ballast piles. (found one in a railroad tie), more fishing lures,and an odd copper slug that looked like gold, I thought it was a very small gold coin until I got it home under the magnifying glass.

happy hunting to all.

p.s. the lake has been very calm but I have a cold so no scuba until it clears, all I can do is wade in my wetsuit.

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry t hear you computer crashed, who was driving and do they have insurance?

Sounds like you did, I have yet to find an Indian Head nickle.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Sorry about your 'puter. I'd be curious to look at the beads. Not that I personally like a cat-o-9-tails :laughing9:. Here in Oz they used lead weights for a good old-fashioned convict flogging.

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A freind of mines wife was from england, she identified the pottery shard and told me half of the artifacts I would find if it was the shipwreck I was looking for, so far she has been spot on. I'll get a new computer but it may take some time. the brass beads are quite heavy .559 diameter.

happy hunting to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread