RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
Log on to google earth......

North 40-10-43
West 76-57-55

This is a 20 acre parcel owned by the estate of Mary Holden dec. At one time the whole 200+ acre farm was to be subdivided but never made it through the whole process. It will be once credit and money get easier to get.

Here is the history.......John Dunbar owned this farm up to his death around 1857. He bequeathed the 20 acres shown forested to the Methodist church. They had yearly camps, jubilees, and revivals there from 1800-1865. It was recorded that there were two wells 20 rods apart. I talked to an old timer who had seen one well somewhere on the power line cut through the parcel.

I have hunted the northern woods pretty extensively, the southern woods are in worse condition. The northern side was still brushy, not as bad as the southern. Up to last week the power lines were 12 foot high brush. Recently the power company brushed out almost all of the brush underneath the lines. At this time it is ripe for detecting, who knows how long it will last.

I have found on the northen side close to the power lines, center of parcel, three old coins. One was an 1853 three cent silver, and old worn Spanish realle, and a large cent 1839. I was there last week and the brush is not bloomed yet, however it will soon. Please send me a picture of your finds if you go. You can park at the townhouse complex to the west, it is a little tricky finding your way to the spot on the roads, use gps.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Awfully nice of you rushin, I wish I was closer, I would love to detect there after hearing about your finds.
Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread