My Daily "Moneywalk"....It Keeps On Paying!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Daily "Moneywalk"....It Keeps On Paying!

Boy ,you and me must live next to each other,I'm up to $40 and some change this year and that's just money I've found ABOVE the ground,in Coinstar machines,park benches,coin slots and on my streets when I walk my dog.Today while I was out playing Disc golf ,I found a 1944 penny lying on the ground.
When I go to work in the morning,I'm always scanning the parking lot for coins(It's a sickness,I know).

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i am always always always looking down at the ground! I work for my city and we are always doing some project in the parks or on the main road where all the diners and gas stations are! We have a depression the full length of the main road for drainage and i cant tell you how much money i have found in it! When we take a break, ill take off walking until its time to come back. I often come back with cash money and winning lottery tickets and the guys always complain that im soooo lucky, i just tell them, all you gotta do is have a sharp eye for that special color! I swear sometimes i feel like i can spot the color of money from 100 miles away lol! Ive made coworkers stop going 40 MPH because i saw a bill laying on the ground and sure enough it would be cash! They just dont get it!

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gold eye said:
He is a great little kid he is getting his first md ace 250 for his birthday in march i know he will be surprised . we love to hunt together we also hit the car wash to pick up the change people drop. It sometimes amazes me the amount of money people drop and don't pick it up but i will pick it up for them.
imagine what the vacuum retainers look like!! I couldn't tell you how many times i accidentally sucked a dime or quarter in the car wash vacuum.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Many of the stores and shopping centers around here have chain link fences or retaining walls along their property lines. I have found several dollars that have blown across the parking lots and got caught there. Spring is an especially good time for this.

HH Charlie

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,

Most I have ever found is neatly folded 5 dollar bill on the floor of a grocery store.

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey huntndig,

There are people out west in Cali and AZ who make a living off of collecting the vacuum can debris at car wash sites. I read about it in W & ET. After reading that article I made it my practice to check the FD shop vac every weekend after all of the members and their kin have come through to clean their cars. I average $ 1.50 a week in coins and my best week was an unmarked (no receipt) bank cash envelope with $20.00 in it.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found 3x $20s in one of the sports bars in the Tampa airport once.

They were folded neatly together, right under my chair. I ate well during that leg, and boarded my flight to DWI a bit tipsy!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice post!

I call the hobby "pokin' around lookin' for stuff :walk:

You've given me renewed faith in this hobby, I usually only find a few dollar bills, maybe I need to start looking in other spots. I can't believe how much loot you've found!

The first twenty dollar bill find of my life was actually today. I was at bank of america buy coin rolls for CRH, looked down and saw a twenty. I thought I dropped it, so I nonchalantly picked it up and put it in my wallet after silently scolding myself for being so careless.

counted my money when I got home and I was twenty bucks up!

-Rick

Azman-1

Oct 4, 2006

I walk my Granddaughter in her buggy a couple of times a week; my route takes me 3 miles around our neighborhood and I have yet to NOT find at least a penny or more, (my best day is 56 cents!!)

But my best treasure is my Granddaughter and the time I get to spend with her. She's a ten month old cutey and my wife and I love her to pieces!!
Sorry, no pics loaded on my 'puter..... ;D

Digginbingo

Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I remember one time many years back. We were on a family vacation. Stopped at a rest are with a few food places and some bathrooms and such that were inside. As we walked to the door I was looking down and saw a dollar bill. I was so excited to see that I grabbed it up and showed my dad. While I was in my glory my sister took three more steps and found $314 laying on the ground... needless to say the wind was out of my sails..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread